Board software upgrade a-coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Board software upgrade a-coming

Some time in the next couple of weeks, I'll be upgrading the board software. I don't anticipate any long periods of service interruption, but you never know.

So, if the board happens to be down for a while, that's probably what's happening.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Board software upgrade a-coming

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    Some time in the next couple of weeks, I'll be upgrading the board software. I don't anticipate any long periods of service interruption, but you never know.

So, if the board happens to be down for a while, that's probably what's happening.

It's gonna happen. It's gotta happen. This week--before Thursday! I'm gonna get 'er done. So there may be some times in the next day or two when the board is down while the upgrade is happening.

Don't panic.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm planning to sneak the upgrade in some time after 11 p.m. tonight, Wednesday, August 27. I expect no difficulties except that you late-night posters may have to wait for the morning.

I'd rather not upgrade the day before a Big Game but I had to wait for vBulletin to come out with a newer version. Test upgrades have gone well, so cross yer fingers and we'll see y'all on the other side . . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Oops. sorry about that.

Upgrade testing got away from me a bit . . . I guess we're all upgraded and stuff now. Sorry about that. But at least I'll be able to go to bed at my usual time tonight.

Comment

Testguy2, checking in . . .

Comment

Re: Board software upgrade DONE

Well, that was momentarily terrifying . . .

I was playing with a test system, minding my own business, when suddenly it started upgrading the production database. Oops. Big oops.

Please let me know if things are OK. I had to copy some stuff back from a recent backup, so there might be a few things (avatar images, mostly) that might have been affected.

Anyway, let me know if this inadvertent upgrade broke anything serious.

--Filbert
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I haven't noticed any problems.

Comment

Working...
              X