South Dakota State Amateur Baseball Tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Dakota State Amateur Baseball Tourney

Class B tourney starts in Mitchell tonight. I can't make it to Mitchell until Saturday and will definitely be there to see Castlewood play on Sunday morning. Here is a link where you can view the bracket. Also links to state records and tourney history. I love attending the state tourney in Mitchell.

http://www.sdaba.com/
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: South Dakota State Amateur Baseball Tourney

I'll beat you by a couple days, Doc. I'll see Clark play Thursday night and will be there through the first session Sunday. There's no place I'd rather be this weekend. I should also make you aware of my website. A bit out of date, but a constant work in progress.

http://groups.msn.com/SouthDakotaAmateurBaseball

Were you at that LN-Vermillion quarterfinal game in 2000? One of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyjackrabbit View Post
      I'll beat you by a couple days, Doc. I'll see Clark play Thursday night and will be there through the first session Sunday. There's no place I'd rather be this weekend. I should also make you aware of my website. A bit out of date, but a constant work in progress.

http://groups.msn.com/SouthDakotaAmateurBaseball

Were you at that LN-Vermillion quarterfinal game in 2000? One of the best.
      I unfortunately was not at that game. I wish I could make it to Mitchell tomorrow and stay through the weekend but I can't take the time away from the clinic. I see they have webcasts and I plan to tune into those. Have a burger (without, sorry I don't like onions) and an ice cold beverage (or two) for me.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

I'll be there for the Dells Mudcats-Aurora game and the Madison-Tabor game on Friday and the Canova game on Sunday.

Just look for the KJAM banner and chances are I'll be there!
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Irene beat the Vermillion Grey Sox, Larchwood beat Britton last night.

Today PBR is already up on Wessington Springs 8-1 in the 4th.

Comment

Aurora vs the Mudcats at 11 am this morning. Should be a heck of a game. Does Aurora have any players with connections to SDSU?

Comment

I know that Pierre beat Rapid tonight on the A side with a pitcher that wasn't good enough for Reggie (Harry Decker). From the report I got he got out of two bases loaded jams with no runs scored. Pierre 6, RC Handcrafted A's 1.

Comment

Well it was a rough opening round for the EDL, going 0-5. There were some great games, though. Canova over Parkston 7-6 in 10 innings. Tabor and Redfield also won in extras. Last night PBR beat Humboldt-Hartford. Word was that PBR was down this year, but NEVER count them out at tourney time.

For those living in the Yankton area, KVHT will have games on Monday through Wednesday for sure.

Comment

It has been a great tourney so far. Cadwell has an atmosphere that can't be rivaled (IMHO). If it were up to me the tourney wouldn't leave Mitchell. The A teams can play at satellite sites but keep the B and the finals in Mitchell. The upgrades to the park have been great and the field is always in tip top condition.

I was pulling for Castlewood and even thought they lost I'll probably make the trip back Wednesday night just to watch some more baseball at Cadwell. Canova vs Dimock should bring out a great crowd. If your near Mitchell Wednesday night I recommend stopping by Cadwell.

BTW, bumped into Matt Jones and his wife at the games Sunday. Things are going well for Matt. 1 year of chiropractic training left. I know they want to return to South Dakota and Brookings would be at the top of the list. She is a critical care nurse and plans to go onto nurse practitioner training.

Comment

there is no doubt in my mind that mitchell should host the tourney all the time. its the small town atmosphere compared to the big city of sioux falls atmosphere. paying 3.50 for a bottled water last year in mitchell. bud light and miller light 16oz are 2 bucks this year. last year in sioux falls the 2 buck beer was busch or pbr. the burgers are the best in mitchell, they sucked last year in sf. and a full ball park like yesterday in mitchell is a lot more fun than a ball park about a third full like in sioux falls. plus you can stand around and talk and drink beer in mitchell. in sf you pretty much had to be in your seat. it belongs in mitchell all of the time. great games too, over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      there is no doubt in my mind that mitchell should host the tourney all the time. its the small town atmosphere compared to the big city of sioux falls atmosphere. paying 3.50 for a bottled water last year in mitchell. bud light and miller light 16oz are 2 bucks this year. last year in sioux falls the 2 buck beer was busch or pbr. the burgers are the best in mitchell, they sucked last year in sf. and a full ball park like yesterday in mitchell is a lot more fun than a ball park about a third full like in sioux falls. plus you can stand around and talk and drink beer in mitchell. in sf you pretty much had to be in your seat. it belongs in mitchell all of the time. great games too, over the weekend.
                      I can only disagree with one of your points. I'd much rather have a PBR than a Busch light, Miller Lite, or Bud light.

Comment

Anybody know the schedule given the rain last night? I'm hoping to make the trip up there tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Anybody know the schedule given the rain last night? I'm hoping to make the trip up there tomorrow.
                          I found it on the Mitchell newspaper's website. Playing the games that were suppose to be tonight at Cadwell at Drake field and last nights games at Cadwell tonight. I'm not sure I know where Drake field is.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/arti...dc46c1154d2b1c

Comment

Drake Field is straight across the parking lot from Cadwell. It has lights. DWU plays most of their home games on Drake each spring. The last info I recieved was that all 4 games will be webcast.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                              Drake Field is straight across the parking lot from Cadwell. It has lights. DWU plays most of their home games on Drake each spring. The last info I recieved was that all 4 games will be webcast.
                              I figured it was the field just to the south of Cadwell. I'll be watching the webcast tonight.

Comment

Working...
                              X