ISU vs SDSU on National TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISU vs SDSU on National TV

Just thought some of you would like to know that our openers will be televised nationally on FCS central. (which is a digital cable network) See you all on the 28th! http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....ATCLID=1549081

Re: ISU vs SDSU on National TV

From the article:
    FCS Central is also carried on Direct TV (channel 617).
    Hurrah!
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by cydave View Post
      Just thought some of you would like to know that our openers will be televised nationally on FCS central. (which is a digital cable network) See you all on the 28th! http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle....ATCLID=1549081
      If I wasn't going to be there I'd be pleased that I could see it on television. I think that makes sense.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Now I'll definitely have to get the sports view from Charter, Aug 28 and Nov 8 games on Fox College Sports Central.
        Go State! Go State!

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...DATES/80804035

I wounder where the argus is getting there info from? SDSUFans.com???

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
            http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...DATES/80804035

I wounder where the argus is getting there info from? SDSUFans.com???
            "Not that there's anything wrong with that . . ."
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sorry to burst our bubble but I'm guessing they got it directly sent to them from the SDSU SID office:

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...ATCLID=1549340

Comment

FCS Central is NOT carried on Dish Network. FYI.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Ummmm I don't see a channel 617 on my DirecTV either..........

Comment

Wooooo! I get it. I will set the DVR before I head to Ames.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Terry wrote an article in today's print version of the Argus. I can't seem to find it online. If someone else can or it shows up later, please post the link. It looks as though you have to have the premium sports packages to see the channel the game is going to be one. Here are some tidbits from the article:

SDSU’s Iowa St. game on TV
                      Aug. 28 contest to be on Fox College network
                      BY TERRY VANDROVEC
                      tvandrovec@argusleader.com

What already was going to be the largest crowd ever to see South Dakota State play football just got exponentially bigger.

On Monday, Iowa State announced that its Aug. 28 season opener against the visiting Jackrabbits is going to be televised at 7 p.m. on Fox College Sports Central.

Available through pre­mium sports packages on DirectTV and Midconti­nent, Charter and Media­com cable systems, FCS Central boasts more than 9 million viewers nation­ally.

The agreement brings the number of Jacks games that will be tele­vised this season to three. A Nov. 8 home contest against Illinois State will also be shown on FCS Central – and live or tape­delayed on Fox Sports Net Midwest – through the Missouri Valley Foot­ball Conference package and a Nov. 22 game at rival North Dakota State will air on the NBC North Dakota Network.

As for the potential that those three or other games could end up being simulcast on local sta­tions, Mark Burgers, SDSU associate athletic director in charge of external affairs, said that the school has been engaged in discussions, but that nothing is official yet.

“With the program growing and the success we’ve had, there’s been a lot more people that have approached us and expressed an interest in becoming part of it – not only on the corporate side, but the individual side,” he said. “Rome was­n’t built in a day, but at the same time it’s getting built as quick as we thought and we’re excited.”

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        Ummmm I don't see a channel 617 on my DirecTV either..........
                        DirecTV sometimes lights up channels for specific events . . . that's what they did with Royals baseball games until this year. But yeah, it's not on my channel list either right now.
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Terry wrote an article in today's print version of the Argus. I can't seem to find it online. If someone else can or it shows up later, please post the link. It looks as though you have to have the premium sports packages to see the channel the game is going to be one. Here are some tidbits from the article:
                          in sioux falls you need to have digital cable and there sports package and it only costs 3.50 a month

Comment

Alas, I will not be traveling to the game in Ames and am in the process of finding out who I know in Sioux Falls that has the premium sports package. As an alternative, have there been any rumblings of an alumni gathering in Sioux Falls at a sports bar who would put the game up on the big screen?

I for one would be all over such a gathering. Its a huge game in the history of SDSU football. A nice bonus is that it would be goog timing to have a great Jackrabbit gathering in Sioux Falls to counteract all the warm fuzzy support the USD is enjoying in its transition to DI.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                              Alas, I will not be traveling to the game in Ames and am in the process of finding out who I know in Sioux Falls that has the premium sports package. As an alternative, have there been any rumblings of an alumni gathering in Sioux Falls at a sports bar who would put the game up on the big screen?

I for one would be all over such a gathering. Its a huge game in the history of SDSU football. A nice bonus is that it would be goog timing to have a great Jackrabbit gathering in Sioux Falls to counteract all the warm fuzzy support the USD is enjoying in its transition to DI.
                              I second that sentiment.

Comment

Working...
                              X