First day of practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First day of practice?

Anyone get to see today's practice? Impressions? I find myself constantly checking the board for any morsel of information. The 28th cannot get here soon enough.

Also, I noticed that John Kirwan is not on the roster this year. Was ist los?

Re: First day of practice?

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
    Anyone get to see today's practice? Impressions? I find myself constantly checking the board for any morsel of information. The 28th cannot get here soon enough.

Also, I noticed that John Kirwan is not on the roster this year. Was ist los?
    My understanding is that he transferred to Morningside.

Comment

About 10 am today a bunch of the guys were in gym dress, t shirt and shorts, and were sittling in the shade, getting ready for the big practice that had not started. I just drove buy so can't report anything else.

Comment

I know in past years we have seen a practice schedule leading up to the first game. Has anyone seen one?

Comment

Does anyone know when Media day is for the team?

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Media Day is August 9th for everyone.

Comment

Sounds like TV's going to be posting camp updates on his blog. Here's a link to today's :

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com
              “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Biggest surprise and loss of players not returning has to be Evan Skiles. Glad to hear the Jacks are still looking for an experienced linebacker on the waiver wire! If you look at the linebacker core 6 of 10 are Freshman/Sophmores.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  Biggest surprise and loss of players not returning has to be Evan Skiles. Glad to hear the Jacks are still looking for an experienced linebacker on the waiver wire! If you look at the linebacker core 6 of 10 are Freshman/Sophmores.
                  As long as those are talented freshmen/sophs I'm not worried about that. If I would have said last year that one of our starting linebackers was going to be a 5'10" (generous) 200 lb soph many would have questioned that linebacker's age, size and abililty based purely on those numbers. That would have been Jimmy Rogers. I think we can all agree he did alright. (Just thinking of that hit against NDSU just makes me smile)

Considering the talent level of the linebackers that were recruited in the last 3-4 years, I think we'll have plenty of talent to choose from. My only concern is the lack of depth if injuries start to happen. Linebackers make up a good portion of the special teams' rosters in addition to their defensive duties.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                    Media Day is August 9th for everyone.
                    I'm told it's August 18th.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I just got home from today's practice - I watched it for about a half hour or so. The team looks good in their Nike practice gear (Offense was in blue, D in white). It was a little sloppy, which is expected in the first few practices of fall camp, but things looked pretty typical. There were a couple false starts and dropped balls on the offensive side of the ball, but there were also a couple of deep passes completed. It sounds like tomorrow is the first day of full pads, so we'll know more about the defense by the end of the week. Just wanted to pass on what I saw. GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
                        I just got home from today's practice - I watched it for about a half hour or so. The team looks good in their Nike practice gear (Offense was in blue, D in white). It was a little sloppy, which is expected in the first few practices of fall camp, but things looked pretty typical. There were a couple false starts and dropped balls on the offensive side of the ball, but there were also a couple of deep passes completed. It sounds like tomorrow is the first day of full pads, so we'll know more about the defense by the end of the week. Just wanted to pass on what I saw. GO JACKS!
                        Thanks for the update!

23 days until go time!!

Comment

Does anyone know the practice schedule? Are practices open for anyone to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            I'm told it's August 18th.
                            Thats when it is, August 18th.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Any word about the kickers? Big hole to fill there. I hoping the freshman is all that he has been billed to be.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X