SDSU Dominates Dakota Corps Scholarships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Dominates Dakota Corps Scholarships

If you are wondering how SDSU is doing in recruiting top students with a commitment to stay in South Dakota for the fall 2008 class, you will be interested in the attached news release from the Governor's office.

Of 60 recipents of the Dakota Corps Scholarship, 40 have indicated they are enrolling at SDSU. No other school had more than 8. It is my understanding that SDSU so dominated the list of recipients this year that when the Govenor introduced the students at the reception, he did not indicate what school they are going to attend as had been done in the past.

http://www.state.sd.us/news/showDoc.aspx?i=9754

Re: SDSU Dominates Dakota Corps Scholarships

This is as impressive as anything I've seen lately! Great find and Rep Points awarded!!

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I can't state or provide any facts, but I know SDSU has dominated this same group of students the past 2-3 years. It would be nice to see this data spanned over that amount of time.

Very impressive I would agree. This speaks volumes for the future of our institution.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        I can't state or provide any facts, but I know SDSU has dominated this same group of students the past 2-3 years. It would be nice to see this data spanned over that amount of time.

Very impressive I would agree. This speaks volumes for the future of our institution.
        I searched the Governor's press releases for the past few years. Last year, 12 of 24 went to SDSU. The press releases for the two preceding years did not indicate the iinstitution where students were going.

Comment

Working...
        X