Schedules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedules

Terry V just put in his blog the schedules till 2012. Some pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Side question: How the heck do you shorten these link titles?
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: Schedules

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
    Terry V just put in his blog the schedules till 2012. Some pretty interesting stuff.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...Id=personaDest

Side question: How the heck do you shorten these link titles?
    Well, first you have to be using the "advanced editor" (Click on the "User CP" link at the top of the screen, then go over to the "edit options" link at the side of the screen).

Then scroll down to the bottom where it says "Message Editor Interface." Make sure that "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWIG Editing" is selected.

This should be how all accounts are set up by default, but worth checking.

Then, when you go to post something that includes a web link, you should see a bunch of little icons at the top of the edit box . . . one of them should be "Insert Link." (If you roll your cursor over the icons, they'll tell you what they are.)

Then, you can just type something in your note like "Link Here", then highlight that text and hit the Insert Link icon. You just cut and paste the actual URL into that dialog box and click OK or whatever. Your link gets inserted in your post, and you're in business.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

NDSU to end the season in 2010 and they are the home opener the very next year. Hmmmm.

Only five home games a year, none with six.

Comment

As I sit on my backyard deck on this beautiful, warm, summer day, over looking the pool, reading these posts, my mind races to the immortal words of Hank Jr. "Are you ready for some football"?

Only 4 weeks to go.

Comment

A comment on the Argus site was the very thing I was thinking. Games at Delaware in 2010 and 2011 before they come to Brookings in 2012. This has Montana written all over it with the potential of a buyout in 2012. I know Delaware is a top FCS team, but why agree to any 2 for 1 deals with other FCS teams especially if the first two are on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
            NDSU to end the season in 2010 and they are the home opener the very next year. Hmmmm.

Only five home games a year, none with six.
            It looks like there are only 11 games a year. Take out the money game and there are only 10. We have 5 at home and 5 on the road. That seems like it's as fair as it can get.

Comment

My memory is that the Delaware agreement was signed several years ago when scheduling was much more difficult and getting a team of that caliber was seen as a prize by SDSU. I doubt if we would go that way today, but times change and we have a history of living up to our agreements.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
                My memory is that the Delaware agreement was signed several years ago when scheduling was much more difficult and getting a team of that caliber was seen as a prize by SDSU. I doubt if we would go that way today, but times change and we have a history of living up to our agreements.
                That's my understanding as well.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                  That's my understanding as well.
                  Ditto, perhaps SDSU should threaten to buy out of 2010 or 2011. This might make those Delaware Poulty people honest about 2012. (Blue Hens? I believe that is what they are called.)

The other side of coin is that SDSU gets exposure in the Eastern states that we have never had before by going out there two years in a row. We have quite a contingent of alums in east, and Dover is very close to Philly and other major cities. That part might help out in terms of recruiting and building alum support, especially if we come out on top two years in arow.

Its a done deal, so might as well play it out. Unless another B10 or B12 Game comes along and we choose to buy out, I expect we will get some guarentee money. Not like Iowa State or Minnesota, but enough to pick up the travel expenses.

Comment

Nice start to the 2011 season!! that could be a tough swing. but Nice schedules, hopefully Delaware comes thru for you guys, they are a team i've wanted NDSU to play since we jumped into big boy pants!!
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Craig Mattick (KWSN) was suprised to see Northern Iowa on our schedule so frequently.

I agree is was disappointing to see Delaware going 2 for 1, but if it was scheduled that long ago, it makes sense now.

Looking forward to seeing the Gopher's new stadium next year. Maybe going to that game would coincide with going to a Twins playoff game at their new staduim.

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        Craig Mattick (KWSN) was suprised to see Northern Iowa on our schedule so frequently.

I agree is was disappointing to see Delaware going 2 for 1, but if it was scheduled that long ago, it makes sense now.

Looking forward to seeing the Gopher's new stadium next year. Maybe going to that game would coincide with going to a Twins playoff game at their new staduim.

This cracked me up! It totally proves to me that this guy pays attention to the local sports scene as much as my Grandmother who's 85 years old.

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                          This cracked me up! It totally proves to me that this guy pays attention to the local sports scene as much as my Grandmother who's 85 years old.

Go Jacks!!

Glad I'm not the only one who got a laugh out of that. Craig's sports knowledge drops considerably if it doesn't involve USF or the Sioux Falls high schools.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                            Nice start to the 2011 season!! that could be a tough swing. but Nice schedules, hopefully Delaware comes thru for you guys, they are a team i've wanted NDSU to play since we jumped into big boy pants!!
                            Delaware has a set policy that is either 1-n-done, or 2-4-1 for their OOC, because they are a VERY POPULAR team, with a huge success rate. Of most of the CAA, they rarely venture west of the Atlantic seaboard states during the regular season.

I believe the only CAA team, Northeastern, has played a Great West team during our 4 years there. Getting games with CAA or SoCon OOC should be a desired outcome as most of the play-off teams will likely come out of these 3 conferences (MoValley as third).

Comment

I'm very happy with Delaware on the schedule even with the 2 for 1. They are one of the top teams in FCS and can't wait to see them in Coughlin and I hope to make a trip out there in 2010 or 2011.

Comment

Working...
                              X