New Forum Member Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Member Names

wondering about why some of the following names have not been taken by new members....

Monterey Jack -- Dairy science grad, living south of San Fransisco

You Don't Know Jack -- alum who gets a little beligerant after too many beers

Jackboot -- tough-guy alum

Jacquard -- Home Ec / Textiles major

Jack O'Lantern -- Foreign student, from Ireland, favorite hangout while attending: The Lantern

Jack Rash -- Guy who lived on third-floor Binnewies in early 1970s, nicknamed Itchy.

Re: New Forum Member Names

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    wondering about why some of the following names have not been taken by new members....
    You Don't Know Jack -- alum who gets a little beligerant after too many beers
    we could just call them lakesrabbit after the INfamous lakesbison
    Last edited by thebluehatman; 07-28-2008, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Jack in the box. - the guy that pops in the forum everyone once in awhile and scared the crap out of everyone.

Jack of spades/hearts/clubs/diamonds. - got nothing on this one.

Jack of all Master of none - the guy that has a broad knowledge base of Jackrabbit news, but can't get into detail about any of it.
      Last edited by RowdyRabbit; 07-29-2008, 07:12 PM.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

How about:

Off Jack - the guy that seems to only talk with himself.

Energizer Bunny - Just keeps threads going and going and going.

Rabbit Stu - the hidden identity of Stu Whitney - he really loves the rabbits, just afraid to show it.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Blue Bunny - dairy science grad working for the Wells Dairy

Harvey- might be a better name for Stu

Comment

Wow! This is dramatic proof that the fall sports cant start to soon! However,

JackBnimble
            Jack-O-Lantern
            CrackerJack
            Jackdaniels

Comment

Ok I'll try a few....

Jackie
              HiJack

I'll admit, they're not that good.

Comment

For the redneck jackrabbit fan:

All Jacked Up
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                  Energizer Bunny - Just keeps threads going and going and going.
                  Made me laugh out loud.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

And a couple from the fictional western genre:

Hopalong Cassidy - for the Jackrabbit fan with a leg disability
                    and
                    Hop Sing - for the Jackrabbit fan who performs the national anthem at the November football game when the Pride isn't playing.

Can anybody go lower than that?
                    Last edited by West-River_Jack; 07-29-2008, 03:10 PM.
                    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                      And a couple from the fictional western genre:

Hopalong Cassidy - for the Jackrabbit fan with a leg disability
                      and
                      Hop Sing - for the Jackrabbit fan who performs the national anthem at the November football game when the Pride isn't playing.

Can anybody go lower than that?
                      I'll follow this line:

Sox Hop - for the Jackrabbit/Boston Red Sox

HopScotch - for the Jackrabbit fan with an inkling toward a good stiff drink

Or

CaptainJack - either a military based Jacks fan, or another Jacks fan with a little too much love for a little alcohol mixer
                      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I'll take a stab at it-

Jack the Ripper -the flatulant fan

Hydraulic Jack - for the engineering grad who works in fluid power.

Jack Squat - the fan who knows nothing and has nothing to say

Apple Jack - for the fan who runs an orchard. (as a somewhat off topic aside, any old timers on here remember a man named Rollo Jack who had an orchard just west of Arlington?)
                        An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                        US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Literary types can find no less than five suggestions in the works of John Updike:

Rabbit Run - the fan who jogs
                          Rabbit Redux - the fan who left and came back
                          Rabbit Is Rich - the successful fan
                          Rabbit At Rest - the retired fan
                          Rabbit Remembered - the deceased fan
                          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

You-don't-know-Jack: the poster who knows everything and believes everyone else knows squat (I think we all can be blamed for this one)

Playboybunny: the 'player' (street slang and not the athlete) who thinks he/she is the greatest

Bunny Hop: the poster who jumps from thread to thread

By the way, loved the 'Jacked Up' name. We yelled that at a few football games this year when someone from the other team got nailed by our players.
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
                              Apple Jack - for the fan who runs an orchard. (as a somewhat off topic aside, any old timers on here remember a man named Rollo Jack who had an orchard just west of Arlington?)
                              Yes, I remember "getting" to go to the orchard and pick apples so that when we got home I could help peel and slice them. For some reason those apples didn't taste as good as the ones that I got to pick with my buddies when no one was watching. And I don't think of myself as an old timer.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X