Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov. 8 Illinois State game on TV!

It looks that way. Valley Football Announces 2008 Television Schedule

The games will be produced for syndication on over-the-air and cable television stations throughout the Midwest. Each of the five conference-produced games will air live or taped on FSN Midwest and all five will be live on Fox College Sports (FCS), which has a national distribution of seven million homes.
    I'm going to guess that FSN-North will pick it up either live or taped delayed. Would one of the Sioux Falls stations also pick it up?
    Go State! Go State!

Re: Nov. 8 Illinois State game on TV!

Originally posted by SDSU_TUBA View Post
    It looks that way. Valley Football Announces 2008 Television Schedule

I'm going to guess that FSN-North will pick it up either live or taped delayed. Would one of the Sioux Falls stations also pick it up?
    A Sioux Falls broadcast station would almost certainly not be able to retransmit the live telecast, I would think. For one, I don't see FSN letting over-the-air broadcast rights go and reduce their own cable/satellite audience, and for two, I also don't see SDSU allowing it either, based on past reluctance to broadcast home games.

And I can't imagine a broadcast station wanting to air a tape-delayed game that's already been shown on cable/satellite.

Even so, nice to see SDSU on the schedule, and even nicer to see it's a home game.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The Gophers-Michigan game Nov 8 could keep our game off FSN-North. Gametime has not yet been determined, and no TV is currently listed on the Minnesota website. Although I think most of their games are now on the Big Ten Network or one of the ESPNs, so there is hope.

If the game is picked up by a Sioux Falls station, I would expect it to be KTTW since they're the Fox affiliate. Would SDSU have a say in whether or not that happens?

Midcontinent carries the FCS channels on digital cable in SF.

I just think it's cool that SDSU and the Coughlin crowd will get some TV exposure in the Midwest! GO JACKS!
      "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        I don't see FSN letting over-the-air broadcast rights go and reduce their own cable/satellite audience, and for two, I also don't see SDSU allowing it either, based on past reluctance to broadcast home games.
        I could see it if FSN-North does not show the game at all.

Here is a map of FSN-Midwest.
        Their might be a problem with the overlap of FSN-MW and a Sioux Falls station in NE Nebraska and NW Iowa.

Good point, who knows if SDSU would allow it anyway. All I know is, being its a game I can't make it to, if it's not on FSN-N then I'll sign up for the sports view on my cable and watch it live on FCS.
        Go State! Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
          The Gophers-Michigan game Nov 8 could keep our game off FSN-North. Gametime has not yet been determined, and no TV is currently listed on the Minnesota website. Although I think most of their games are now on the Big Ten Network or one of the ESPNs, so there is hope.

If the game is picked up by a Sioux Falls station, I would expect it to be KTTW since they're the Fox affiliate. Would SDSU have a say in whether or not that happens?

Midcontinent carries the FCS channels on digital cable in SF.

I just think it's cool that SDSU and the Coughlin crowd will get some TV exposure in the Midwest! GO JACKS!
          I'm pretty sure that the Michigan/Minnesota game will be on the Big Ten Network. FSN usually has a Big 12 or Pac-10 game on. I have never seen a Gophers game on the FSN-North

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            I'm pretty sure that the Michigan/Minnesota game will be on the Big Ten Network. FSN usually has a Big 12 or Pac-10 game on. I have never seen a Gophers game on the FSN-North
            I may be wrong but I remember watching the Gophers play the Bison and I thought it was on FSN North.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

NDSU-Minn, 2006 and 2007 were broadcast only on the BTN, FSN-N carried the Stephen F. Austin game from the FFD last year.
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                NDSU-Minn, 2006 and 2007 were broadcast only on the BTN, FSN-N carried the Stephen F. Austin game from the FFD last year.

Thanks. I stand corrected.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

FSN-North carried a few Gopher games each season until the BTN came along. And given that it's a Big 10 game it probably is unlikely to be on FSN.

I'm thinking -- hoping -- FSN-North will pick up our game because SDSU is in it's coverage area, and would have more potential viewers than a Big 12 or PAC 10 game.

Same with the NDSU-UNI game on Oct 18. Problem with that one is that it's a 4:00p start and would bump into the St.Cloud-Gopher hockey game, and you just don't mess with Gopher hockey on FSN.
                  "You trusted us"

Comment

Reports from the Fargo Forum say the NDSU/UNI game will be broadcast live on Fox College Sports(cable only-no dish) and tape delayed on FSN-North.

Comment

Working...
                    X