Tailgaiting for the Iowa State game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tailgaiting for the Iowa State game.

I have heard from some that a tailgate site is in place for the Iowa State game. Anyone care to provide further info? I think it would be ideal to have everyone together if possible. Any details posted here would be helpful. Hope to see you all in Ames.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Tailgaiting for the Iowa State game.

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I have heard from some that a tailgate site is in place for the Iowa State game. Anyone care to provide further info? I think it would be ideal to have everyone together if possible. Any details posted here would be helpful. Hope to see you all in Ames.
    The alumni association has a tailgating area set up.

http://sdsu.imodules.com/s/357/viewc...=13&calcid=685

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      The alumni association has a tailgating area set up.

http://sdsu.imodules.com/s/357/viewc...=13&calcid=685
      Thanks, I suspect this is what they were referring to. Does anyone know if there will be parking available in or near that area? Perhaps it says more and I just haven't taken the time to read it.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

We are bringing down a 15 passenger van full of body painters(not sure if there will be actual body painting happening yet) Wednesday so we will be ready to do some tailgating as early as possible Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
          We are bringing down a 15 passenger van full of body painters(not sure if there will be actual body painting happening yet) Wednesday so we will be ready to do some tailgating as early as possible Thursday
          I've got to cover the hospital Wednesday night but plan to be on the road as early as possible Thursday morning. I catch some sleep on the way down. I'm guessing my tailgating time is going to be limited and pretty low-key.

Comment

I'm planning on leaving by 10AM and hope to be tailgating by 3:30.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Thanks, I suspect this is what they were referring to. Does anyone know if there will be parking available in or near that area? Perhaps it says more and I just haven't taken the time to read it.
              I just took a look at that link and it looks like you are having a tailgate set up by lots S4 and S5. So, as far as parking goes: (refer back to the map) all of the lots shaded in a brownish color are general parking lots, which will cost you probably around $10. You won't be allowed to park in any of the concrete or "S" lots, because those are donor lots. Unless SDSU purchased some of the spots and reserved them for you, which then you would need some type of a parking pass. Otherwise, your best bet for parking would be in the lots south of where your tailgate is at. The student tailgating lots are the brownish colored lots, south of your tailgate, you can park there and it's close to the stadium. BTW, if any of you want to stop by the student tailgate lots, you are more than welcome. In fact, you will probably be challenged in some drinking games . Bring nothing but your ticket and a bunch of beer if you want to tailgate with the students.

Comment

Originally posted by cydave View Post
                I just took a look at that link and it looks like you are having a tailgate set up by lots S4 and S5. So, as far as parking goes: (refer back to the map) all of the lots shaded in a brownish color are general parking lots, which will cost you probably around $10. You won't be allowed to park in any of the concrete or "S" lots, because those are donor lots. Unless SDSU purchased some of the spots and reserved them for you, which then you would need some type of a parking pass. Otherwise, your best bet for parking would be in the lots south of where your tailgate is at. The student tailgating lots are the brownish colored lots, south of your tailgate, you can park there and it's close to the stadium. BTW, if any of you want to stop by the student tailgate lots, you are more than welcome. In fact, you will probably be challenged in some drinking games . Bring nothing but your ticket and a bunch of beer if you want to tailgate with the students.
                Yesterday I requested the 28th and 29th off for work. I may have to take you up on that offer

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                  Yesterday I requested the 28th and 29th off for work. I may have to take you up on that offer
                  Well, since you took off the 29th, you might as well head to the bars after the game too.

Comment

Did someone say drinking games I am always up for those

Comment

Here are the details on the ISU event:

http://www.statealum.com/s/357/index...=13&calcid=685

Go State!

Comment

Did someone say drinking games I am always up for those
                        Well, the easiest way to get in on one is: wear your SDSU gear in the student tailgate lots and walk around. It's only a matter of time before some friendly "ribbing" takes place and you get challenged in a game. Everybody loves some good 'ol drinking games, expecially at a college football tailgate!

Comment

Well, the easiest way to get in on one is: wear your SDSU gear in the student tailgate lots and walk around. It's only a matter of time before some friendly "ribbing" takes place and you get challenged in a game. Everybody loves some good 'ol drinking games, expecially at a college football tailgate!
                          College football and drinking games...two of my favorite things

Comment

College football and drinking games...two of my favorite things
                            Amen to that! The only thing i ask, is for nice weather! (ideally, mostly sunny, calm winds, 85 degrees, 50% humidity, and a nice cool 70 degree kick-off temp. and clear skies.)

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit
                              The SDSU Meat Lab has created a Jackrabbit brat that has blue berries and cheddar cheese in it... i know i know a weird combination but its really good...
                              A couple from a New York that was here for 2 weeks volunteering for Brookings Habitat for Humanity brought a few packages and was very impressed with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X