Football Predictions for Fall 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Predictions for Fall 2008

Is there interest in having a competition for predicting the outcomes of football games for fall 2008? You may remember that I organized the competition in 2005 and BHS/SDSUFan ran it in 2006 when I couldn't. We did not have a competition in 2007. It would operate about like in previous years. I would post about 10 games each week and you would send me your preditions by 24 hours before the first game by private message. I would then post everyones picks before the first game starts and the results for the week and season usually on Sunday after the games.

My suggestion would be to include all games involving a MVFC team plus enough other games to have 10 games. The non-MVFC games would be games involving past or future SDSU opponents or top ranked teams that would probably make the playoffs. I would certainly be open to other approaches as well, just post your ideas.

So that I have an idea if there is enough interest, either post here or send me a p.m. letting me know if you want to participate.

Again this is all for fun, no prizes, no money, no point spreads just picking the winners as he shoot for the playoffs.

Re: Football Predictions for Fall 2008

Bring em on and rep points for stepping up to the plate
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Count me in.........

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I'm interested.

Comment

Great idea, should be fun....and a little more difficult than picking who USC/OU is going to beat each week.
          Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
          Muhammad Ali

Comment

In.

With extra words because a post cannot be less than 4 characters.
            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

In..
              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Looks like there is plenty of interest. (I have pm responses as well) So we will plan on doing this. I will post the first set of games about 10 days before the Jacks season opener. Visitors from any other schools who happen to read this are welcome as well.

Comment

the 2005 champ is in
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

or was I the runner-up? Anyway, to paraprhase Matt Hasselbeck, we'll be taking the ball and we're going to win.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                      or was I the runner-up? Anyway, to paraprhase Matt Hasselbeck, we'll be taking the ball and we're going to win.
                      Only problem is I'm gonna pick you off and take it to the house!!!

Jacks-02 in 2008!

Comment

Count me in
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          Only problem is I'm gonna pick you off and take it to the house!!!

Jacks-02 in 2008!
                          I was hoping no one remembered the outcome of that quote. It's on!

Comment

I rabidly await the intro. For 2006/2007 at AGS, we had a GWFC prediction and discussion (smack too) that discussed the games, how each team was doing, and predicted scores as well as winners and losers. Hope we can see such a listing/discussion not just here, but at Valley Football also. Getting to know our fellow Valley mates is a great part of the game(s), and one that has helped me immeasurably in being an informed FCS voter.

Comment

What the heck, I'll take a shot!
                              I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                              X