This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reily Reiff

Sorry about not following the link your source policy, as it is tough to on these new phonesIOWA CITY, Iowa – Police say Riley Reiff, a Parkston graduate and incoming freshman on the University of Iowa football team, will pay a hefty fine after stripping in an alley, then leading police on a drunken foot chase through downtown Iowa City.Reiff, who received the South Dakota Gatorade Player of the Year honors for his performance at Parkston last season, is expected to plead guilty to charges of public intoxication and interference with official acts and will pay a $562 fine.The 19-year-old defensive end was seen acting disoriented and taking off his clothes in an alley in downtown Iowa City. Authorities say that when police approached him, Reiff took off, running into the kitchen the Pita Pit, knocking several trays on the floor.The pursuit continued for 20 minutes – and took eight officers. Reiff refused to take a Breathalyzer test.

Re: Reily Reiff

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    Sorry about not following the link your source policy, as it is tough to on these new phonesIOWA CITY, Iowa – Police say Riley Reiff, a Parkston graduate and incoming freshman on the University of Iowa football team, will pay a hefty fine after stripping in an alley, then leading police on a drunken foot chase through downtown Iowa City.Reiff, who received the South Dakota Gatorade Player of the Year honors for his performance at Parkston last season, is expected to plead guilty to charges of public intoxication and interference with official acts and will pay a $562 fine.The 19-year-old defensive end was seen acting disoriented and taking off his clothes in an alley in downtown Iowa City. Authorities say that when police approached him, Reiff took off, running into the kitchen the Pita Pit, knocking several trays on the floor.The pursuit continued for 20 minutes – and took eight officers. Reiff refused to take a Breathalyzer test.

Let me help you out Bluehat...

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...DATES/80719011

These dang kids...

Comment

thats halarious...... he might be in brookings faster then we think..... if he isn't in the Springfield jail first......

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        thats halarious...... he might be in brookings faster then we think..... if he isn't in the Springfield jail first......
        If that is what he does in his spare time, do we even want him in Brookings?

Comment

Me thinks Reiff picked the wrong college to attend. They do the Naked Mile every April at the U. of Michigan.

Comment

Mr. Reiff has made a huge mistake and what the consequences are remain to be seen. I would not be surprised if he is given another chance by the Iowa staff. I suppose it depends how much he was viewed as part of Hawkeye Football future. If he fits the dime a dozen category or does not come off as a positive kid, he might be looking for a transfer. He had some impressive high school stats and Gatorade player of Year is an honor. I wish him the best. Yeah those dang kids. Its like something I might have done 50 years ago.

Comment

Let's hope that this is the exception rather than the rule for Mr. Reiff. Most people regret some incident from their past. Unfortunately, this one got more media attention. We should probably not judge him too harshly for, what is hopefully, a single and isolated incident.
              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                Let's hope that this is the exception rather than the rule for Mr. Reiff. Most people regret some incident from their past. Unfortunately, this one got more media attention. We should probably not judge him too harshly for, what is hopefully, a single and isolated incident.
                This is getting more media attention because i think it is the 19th arrest of a football player in the last year. The charges range from a MIP to 2 players charged with rape. Reiffs arrest comes on the heals of the rape victoms mother accusing the AD, head coach, and other university staff of trying to sweep it under the rug.

I think it's possible that Reiff could be made an example of, right or wrong

Comment

I'm pretty sure he will get one more shot.... most colleges give one more chance its the second and third time that they look at how good you actually are.....

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                    If that is what he does in his spare time, do we even want him in Brookings?
                    yeah I think you do..... I don't want to sound like an @ss by saying this but I would bet that there are a number of SDSU players that well may not do the naked mile every weekend but drink there fair share..... Reiff is an animal and has been doing this since high school just like 90% of South Dakota high school students......

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      This is getting more media attention because i think it is the 19th arrest of a football player in the last year. The charges range from a MIP to 2 players charged with rape. Reiffs arrest comes on the heals of the rape victoms mother accusing the AD, head coach, and other university staff of trying to sweep it under the rug.

I think it's possible that Reiff could be made an example of, right or wrong
                      I don't think so, basically what he did was he was caught drinking and ran.... what makes it look worse is he was apparently naked or partially naked while doing it and ran through a restaraunt and it took 8 cops to catch him....

Comment

yeah I think you do..... I don't want to sound like an @ss by saying this but I would bet that there are a number of SDSU players that well may not do the naked mile every weekend but drink there fair share..... Reiff is an animal and has been doing this since high school just like 90% of South Dakota high school students......
                        Does this mean that 90 per cent of our high schools seniors are animals and act like children when consumming more than one beverage? I kind of doubt that. There are many well focused high school seniors who would never be caught near a bar. They are smarter than that.

Granted you know Mr. Reiff better than I to, but what your telling does not look favorably on Mr Reiff. Lets see what happens.

Comment

From the news report, what Mr. Reiff did is indefensable. "Boys will be boys" will only go so far. What's in the news report is way beyond that line.

I'm tired of excusing or overlooking outrageous behavior from celebrities (and make no mistake, a college athlete is a celebrity.)

I reject arguments from apologists trying either the line "he's not a bad kid" or "well, everybody does it." It is apparent by his behavior that he is certainly not a "good kid." And I know for a stone cold fact that not everybody does it.

Actions have consequences in the real world. Some kids don't learn that soon enough. I sincerely hope that Mr. Reiff will learn it now, but making excuses of any kind for his behavior doesn't really help him in any way whatsoever.

I'm ok with forgiveness, but that requires contrition. I am skeptical that he'll learn the proper life lesson from this little incident. Perhaps spending the rest of his college career at some obscure NAIA school might be the appropriate lesson. Unfortunately, the most likely result will be a mild wrist slap and he'll go on, having learned little from this incident except "don't get caught." Or maybe he'll get his act together.

But normal people, of any age, don't run naked or half-naked through fast food restaurant kitchens. They just don't. And I refuse to accept any standard which allows it. Period.

/got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, obviously
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

No we don't want a player exhibiting this kind of behavior no matter how talented he is and yes you do sound like an ass for saying it.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              But normal people, of any age, don't run naked or half-naked through fast food restaurant kitchens. They just don't. And I refuse to accept any standard which allows it. Period.
                              Amen. I agree completely. From those to whom much is given, much is expected. A full ride scholarship at a Big Ten school is a nice gift. Mr. Reiff needs to get his act together and apologize to everyone at Iowa (my wife and I are both Iowa alums, and it makes us mad when these stupid punks sully the university's reputation.) After that, all he can do is hope that Coach Ferentz will give him another chance. I would note that Ferentz hasn't been very forgiving of late as these incidents have become more frequent.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X