Missouri Valley FB Preseason Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri Valley FB Preseason Press Conference

Coach Stig, QB Ryan Berry, and DT Eric Schroeder will be heading to St Louis on Tuesday, July 22 for the annual preseason press conference for the Missouri Valley Football Conference. I think Terry V from the Argus is going also. Getting closer to football season....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: Missouri Valley FB Preseason Press Conference

Here's an article from TV where he's attending The Missouri Valley Football media day. Good article TV!! I wouldn't expect anything less.

Football season is getting closer and closer...get your tickets soon if you haven't already!!
    This is going to be a year of football at CAS that has never been seen by SD football fans!!

http://beta.argusleader.com/apps/pbc...31/1002/sports

Go Jacks!!
    Last edited by propar80; 07-22-2008, 08:37 AM.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Press release from the Missouri Valley offices on its coaches poll:
      NDSU ranked #1; SDSU ranked #6. Go to this link.

In the same article, Offensive Lineman Kyle Robling is the only Jackrabbit named to the pre-season Mo Valley team. Ryan Berry, Eric Schroeder, Danny Batten and Jimmy Rogers received honorable mention.

Comment

The story is now on GoJacks.com. LINK.

Comment

It's time to SURPRISE some people!!

Go Jacks!!
          SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Go Jacks!!
            Agreed. I think Stig's personality and therefore the teams personality will allow them to do just that. Not saying a higher rankind wasn't/isn't deserved or that we would have a difficult time meeting higher expectations. I just think less attention might be a good thing for this team.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Go Jacks!!
              Thinking the same thing. We seem to have that knack as of late.

Comment

This is going to be one nasty, tough conference, year in and year out. A sixth place finish in the Valley means you're a pretty darn good team, but this conference is L O A D E D with good teams.

A reasonable long-term goal, in a conference that already has UNI, Youngstown State, Southern Illinois, and NDSU, would be to consistently finish in the top four or five, I think. That means that you're a perennial threat to 1) win the thing and 2) make the playoffs.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Really pins down winning our first two home games at Coughlin.

9/6 vs Youngstown
                  9/13 vs Western IL

Two teams that squeeked by the Jacks at their houses last year. We need to come out of the gate with 3-1 or at least 2-2 if Jacks want to make the play-offs.

Comment

The Jacks need to head into Cedar Falls with no worse than a 2-1 record. UNI on the road is going to be very tough. If the team were to leave with three losses, I don't think there is any way they could run the table and four losses likely means no playoffs. A good start will be critical for every year in this conference.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

All things considered, we probably need to rein in the playoff talk. If we qualify, the season will be a huge success. We have some holes to fill and a killer schedule. Looking at the preseason poll, it seems like the top three teams could be juggled around, and the same is true of the middle three teams. That might even be true of the the lowest three teams, although I suppose Indiana State has to prove itself. I would like to think we could beat Western Illinois at home, but I don't know who they have back. This will be a telling year. ISU, NDSU and UNI on the road will be brutal. We can earn some respect this year...but if we start 1-3 (an you're kidding yourself if you think that could never happen), the season could get long. So, I guess we'll just have to knock off Iowa State and take it from there. See y'all in Ames.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                        The Jacks need to head into Cedar Falls with no worse than a 2-1 record. UNI on the road is going to be very tough. If the team were to leave with three losses, I don't think there is any way they could run the table and four losses likely means no playoffs. A good start will be critical for every year in this conference.
                        With the 12 game schedule this year, 4 losses with our schedule would probably still give us a shot. Its gonna take a heck of a season to make it to 8 wins though. Road games at Iowa St., Northern Iowa, and NDSU and some tough home games with Youngstown, McNeese, and Cal Poly.

Its going to take a 5-1 home record and .500 on the road to get to 8 wins. I think its doable, but its going to be a challenge as we have one of the most difficult schedules in all of the FCS this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          With the 12 game schedule this year, 4 losses with our schedule would probably still give us a shot. Its gonna take a heck of a season to make it to 8 wins though. Road games at Iowa St., Northern Iowa, and NDSU and some tough home games with Youngstown, McNeese, and Cal Poly.

Its going to take a 5-1 home record and .500 on the road to get to 8 wins. I think its doable, but its going to be a challenge as we have one of the most difficult schedules in all of the FCS this season.
                          Very realistic view for this season. Enough questions exist in my mind regarding our offensive line and depth at several other positions to make me think 7 or 8 wins would be a good result this season. I'm not saying 9 or 10 wins are out of the question by any means. We absolutely have to start better than we have the last several years or .500 is going to be tough to achieve with the most difficult schedule in the nation. I'm certain Stig will have the team thinking only about the next opponent and in this case that would be Iowa State. I can't wait to see the guys in action.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I wonder what kind of team goals in terms of wins will be set in fall camp. I would think it would 10 or 11 or more. The guys are going to have to work very hard, but I think they can turn some heads.

Comment

Team goals are the same every year...

1-0 this week.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X