Marty Kranz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Kranz

This afternoon (July 14th), Marty Kranz (former SDSU football captain) was involved in a farm accident near his parent's house and it claimed his life. Please keep his wife and family in your thoughts and prayers. He was a fine young man and will be truly missed.

Re: Marty Kranz

I've watched Marty since he was a kid and have known the Kranz family my entire life. Those who knew Marty away from the sports field knew one of the finest individuals they would ever meet. An excellent student and human being. Those who knew him or watched him only on the athletic field, saw the personification of a lot of sports cliches about giving 110%, never giving up etc.

Words are inadequate right now. This one really hurts.

Comment

My prayers go to Marty's family and friends. Met him a few times when he was playing and he was a true gentleman. This is a very unfortunate loss...

Comment

He was a "man's man." A great football player. He was also one of the best hunting partners I ever had. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He will be missed.

Comment

I had the privilege to get to know Marty on and off the field. He will be missed by many many people. My thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and family. My prayers go to Matt & Judy also. Simply put......Great People

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            This afternoon (July 14th), Marty Kranz (former SDSU football captain) was involved in a farm accident near his parent's house and it claimed his life. Please keep his wife and family in your thoughts and prayers. He was a fine young man and will be truly missed.
            My condolences. Looks like he has touched the hearts of many. In my thoughts and prayers, he and his family will be.

*someone please post link to his obit once published?...

Comment

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Kranz family
              "You trusted us"

Comment

Terribly sad news. Marty was always one of the best guys to deal with on the team, very well-spoken and a real grinder of a player. My deepest sympathies to his family.

Comment

This has to be a real blow to the Kranz family. I recall maybe the last season in D2, and it was not a great day for football but towards the end of the season and I believe we played Western Oregan at home. I was early for the game, and was waiting by my car, and a gentleman with "Got Milk" jacket came over and introduced himself. It was Marty's Dad. He was very proud that his son was playing for the Jacks. It was a very pleasant conversation as I recall. I followed Marty on the field for the rest of his career.

I believe Marty was nominated for the academic equivalent of the Hiseman trophy. I dont recall the name of the trophy and I have probably mispelled "Hiseman" but any rate, Marty was indeed the heart of being a great student/athlete.

My sincere condolences to the Kranz family.

Comment

I really can't add any more than what has been said. I really loved Marty, he was a great kid and always nice to work with. He will be missed.

Here is the link to the Argus write up this morning.
                    http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...DATES/80715005
                    Last edited by EQguy; 07-15-2008, 07:04 AM. Reason: added link
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Ug. What horrible news. I wish I had something better to say, but I will just add my condolences. We've lost too many young men in recent months.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Marty and our son Chris Johnson roomed together on the away games Marty's senior year. Chris said he learned alot from Marty and will be truely missed. Deb and I had many nights at the supper table on away games with Matt and Judy. Great people, and conversations that will truely be missed. Our prayers go out to the entire family.

Comment

Such sad news. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Tragic, no other way to describe it.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Very sad news for the Jackrabbit family. What a great guy and teammate. My thoughts and prayers will be with him and his family. If anyone has his parents' address, I would love to have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X