Clear All

• First USD Transfer - bad news

Apparently they are starting off worse than anyone could imagine:
    http://www.usdcoyotes.com/sports/wbb...elease_id=4516

Re: First USD Transfer - bad news

Just so you know I was being sarcastic

Comment

I like where we are, vs. where USD is. But then, I'm biased.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This is a good transfer for the Coyotes. Hiebert is a good player. I saw her play several times in when she played at Hopkins HS in the Twin Cities area.

Comment

Who the heck wrote that press release? What's with the over-the-top quote from the head coach? Can't wait for the next release about a signee, "She's a great player, but she's no Jackie Hiebert."
          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
            This is a good transfer for the Coyotes. Hiebert is a good player. I saw her play several times in when she played at Hopkins HS in the Twin Cities area.
            I heard about this last week and I'm going to be honest and admit that I don't understand this woman's logic. Why transfer from an established DI program with post-season potential to a program in transition to DI?

I believe she is a business major and the business school at USD is fantastic so perhaps that is the major reason for the decision. It just doesn't make sense to me from the standpoint of her basketball career. That said, college basketball will only be a short part of her life and getting a great education should take priority.

Positives, as I see it, for her would be the ability to play right away. I can't think of anything else. The schedule is going to be brutal, no post-season, and she has to fit in with a new team and new coach.

I agree, it does seem like a nice get for Coach Williams and the yotes, I just don't get it.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Why transfer from an established DI program with post-season potential to a program in transition to DI?
              Jackmd,

She heard that USD was joining a conference. (This is the smack section isn't it?)

Go State!!!
              Go Jacks!!!
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I have to agree with jackmd....it doesn't make sense on the surface. But let me try to add a little bit that I do know. Ohio's head coach took the head job at Boston College a few months ago. I believe that most or all of her staff at Ohio went with her to BC. That could be a major reason for her transferring. Plus she's from Minnesota, so if she wanted to transfer somewhere closer to home her options would be limited.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
                  I have to agree with jackmd....it doesn't make sense on the surface. But let me try to add a little bit that I do know. Ohio's head coach took the head job at Boston College a few months ago. I believe that most or all of her staff at Ohio went with her to BC. That could be a major reason for her transferring. Plus she's from Minnesota, so if she wanted to transfer somewhere closer to home her options would be limited.
                  This makes sense in IMO. I would not be surprised that Ms Hiebert made at least one telephone call to AJ and staff. Does she have to sit one year out? The press release says she has three years of eligibilty, but nothing is said about sitting out one year. I am not up on the NCAA rules, but maybe she does not since this is the first year of the transition period.

Comment

Working...
                  X