Cornhusker Football tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cornhusker Football tickets

My wife won tickets to the Cornhusker vs Wester Michigan FB game on August 30th. I have no idea where they are at or even how many she won but I'm not planning to go. If any of you are interested in the tickets send me a PM and we can discuss.

If any of you attend games regularly and recommend that I check the place out, tell me why on this thread and I might consider a trip over from Ames to Lincoln after the Iowa State game.

Are any of you planning to attend the NU vs Western Michigan game?
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Cornhusker Football tickets

Lincoln is one of the special places to watch a college football game. I've taken may people to games in Lincoln and every one of them has been amazed by the experience whether they were Big Red fans or couldn't stand them.

It's worth the trip down to go to the game on your way back from Ames. One thing that has always amazed people is the sheer mass of people. It might be worth going down to get the "lay of the land" before the Jacks head down there. If you plan on going to the Jacks game in Lincoln you will want to have a plan on where to meet before and after the game because it gets pretty crazy downtown. Almost impossible to find someone.

I can't wait for the Jacks to play the Huskers! It will be the first time that I wear something other than red into Memorial Stadium.

Also, mark your calendars to get hotel rooms exactly a year in advance because they fill up in no time flat!

Jackmd, you can pm me with any other questions.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      Lincoln is one of the special places to watch a college football game. I've taken may people to games in Lincoln and every one of them has been amazed by the experience whether they were Big Red fans or couldn't stand them.

It's worth the trip down to go to the game on your way back from Ames. One thing that has always amazed people is the sheer mass of people. It might be worth going down to get the "lay of the land" before the Jacks head down there. If you plan on going to the Jacks game in Lincoln you will want to have a plan on where to meet before and after the game because it gets pretty crazy downtown. Almost impossible to find someone.

I can't wait for the Jacks to play the Huskers! It will be the first time that I wear something other than red into Memorial Stadium.

Also, mark your calendars to get hotel rooms exactly a year in advance because they fill up in no time flat!

Jackmd, you can pm me with any other questions.

SUPERBUNNY
      I think we'd go in a heartbeat if my wife's twin nieces weren't being confirmed that Saturday morning. She's headed to Watertown that day regardless. My partner at the clinic, my nurse, and several friends here in Yankton have NU season tickets and have offered them to me at different times so I know I can get to a game when I want to, and I plan to some time. My wife said she'd be fine with me skipping confirmation and heading to Lincoln from Ames but I just don't think she is being honest. Things will work out one way or another.

If anyone is interested just PM me and we can work something out.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

If you go to the Nebraska game you can see Matt Holt standing on the sidelines.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
          If you go to the Nebraska game you can see Matt Holt standing on the sidelines.
          I actually met the kid in Kansas City at a Twins game. I was wearing my Jacks gear and the guys behind me asked if I was representing South Dakota State. I said of course and they said Matt was a classmate of theirs and he was at the game. He came down and said hi. I quickly came to the conclusion that he is a nice but naive kid who made a bad decision. Of course, thats just my opinion.

I wonder if he would invite me down onto the sideline with him?

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I think we'd go in a heartbeat if my wife's twin nieces weren't being confirmed that Saturday morning. She's headed to Watertown that day regardless. My partner at the clinic, my nurse, and several friends here in Yankton have NU season tickets and have offered them to me at different times so I know I can get to a game when I want to, and I plan to some time. My wife said she'd be fine with me skipping confirmation and heading to Lincoln from Ames but I just don't think she is being honest. Things will work out one way or another.

If anyone is interested just PM me and we can work something out.
            If given a partial green light to go to Lincoln, I would be gone in a flash and do whatever i had to do to make the better half happy after the fact. Not that confirmations aren't very important, but I'm just saying.....

Wives shouldn't just throw that stuff out there! Mine does it to and every now and then you have to go for it and dig out later and remind them that we are all just simple men and aren't capable of reading minds! At least this guy isn't!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              I actually met the kid in Kansas City at a Twins game. I was wearing my Jacks gear and the guys behind me asked if I was representing South Dakota State. I said of course and they said Matt was a classmate of theirs and he was at the game. He came down and said hi. I quickly came to the conclusion that he is a nice but naive kid who made a bad decision. Of course, thats just my opinion.

I wonder if he would invite me down onto the sideline with him?
              I gotta start wearing my SDSU stuff more at Royals games . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                I gotta start wearing my SDSU stuff more at Royals games . . .
                I should have said "Royals game", may mistake. One heck of a great video display at Kauffman.

Comment

Working...
                X