Jacks lead Academic All-League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks lead Academic All-League

Looks like SDSU had the most athletes make the Winter-Spring Academic All-League team.

South Dakota State led the way with a league-best 145 selections to the academic all-league squad, edging out Oakland, which had 143 recipients. North Dakota State and Western Illinois both landed 110 student-athletes on the academic list, while Southern Utah had 109. UMKC placed 81 student-athletes on the list, followed by IPFW with 79 honorees, Centenary with 66 recipients, Oral Roberts with 63 honorees and IUPUI with 49 selections. Associate member Eastern Illinois placed 34 student-athletes on the swimming & diving academic all-league list. Of the 989 student-athletes that were honored, 112 posted perfect 4.00 grade-point averages during the spring semester.
    You can read the 16 page press release here.

Congratulations to all the athletes that made the list.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: Jacks lead Academic All-League

Good post. SDSU has to continue to pound on the fact that its student athletes are excellent students. Some thought the D-1 move would dumb-down the student population. That notion has been destroyed and buried!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Good post. SDSU has to continue to pound on the fact that its student athletes are excellent students. Some thought the D-1 move would dumb-down the student population. That notion has been destroyed and buried!
      I found it interesting that Oral Roberts had so few selections. Don't know if that is "good" news or not. Since their athletic teams are very competitive, they apparently recruit a different type of student-athlete than we do. But we have proven you can be very competitive with solid-academic credentialed athletes as well. GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        I found it interesting that Oral Roberts had so few selections. Don't know if that is "good" news or not. Since their athletic teams are very competitive, they apparently recruit a different type of student-athlete than we do. But we have proven you can be very competitive with solid-academic credentialed athletes as well. GO JACKS!!!
        Since most of our athletes will be pursuing careers in something outside the professional sports arena after graduation, I love that SDSU is an academic leader in the NCAA D-I roles. Generally speaking, my preference is that SDSU continue keep bringing in superior brains with solid and improving athletic talent that competes well, rather than the sports junkies who are marginally classroom talented. In the long-run, SDSU is going to have a better supporting alumni bases of ex-athletes that will be able to contribute, than those U's that go for the NOW athletes.

As one of those ex-jocks, I have always valued my time in the pool at State, and the education in Crothers.

Comment

Working...
        X