This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU Lost their back up QB.

Here is an article in the Fargo Forum, about another transfer of a QB.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=204046

Re: NDSU Lost their back up QB.

That's a tough break for the Bison but in a way, it's a bad break for the Jackrabbits. You see, the Jacks are going to beat the Bison in Fargo this fall for the first SDSU win in football in Fargo since 1963. Now, with the loss of the backup quarterback, I can just hear the Bison making excuses for losing to the Jackrabbits, 21-3.

Comment

Good point JackJD...one man's loss is another's gain!

Comment

In the article and some over at Bisonville are speaking of Bohl signing a JUCO or a D1 transfer. This might not be a solution if Martens goes down and this transfer is still learning the play book. I dont think anyone could just step in and duplicate Steve Walker or Martens. Martens I believe will do very good as the replacement to Walker as he knows the play book and seems to be able to execute the play book. I just dont think the Bison can come up with a quick fix in event of a Martens injury, but I am likely to be proven wrong. Usually am when it comes to Bison football.

I am the first to admit that 1963 is a long time ago. I was a student back then. I dont recall the game at all but thanks to the State Magazine article on the 1963 team, we all should know about the last team to win in Fargo. We are due for a win in Fargo this year. We almost got them in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I am likely to be proven wrong. Usually am when it comes to Bison football.
          Ha I had to go for this one, it was too funny. It's Mertens not Martens, so yes you were wrong when it comes to Bison football.

If we don't get a transfer (which I highly doubt) or a JUCO player, we always have LakesBison who could suit up and hand the ball off to Roehl
          "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Herd View Post
            Ha I had to go for this one, it was too funny. It's Mertens not Martens, so yes you were wrong when it comes to Bison football.

If we don't get a transfer (which I highly doubt) or a JUCO player, we always have LakesBison who could suit up and hand the ball off to Roehl
            AWWW Shucks I am now out of the spelling bee. Lakesbison???? Tell me more he must be a real ace.

Comment

Lakesbison????
              Lakesbison--you are not familiar with one of the greatest Bison posters of all time. Words cannot describe his greatness. It is rumored that he once singlehandly beat a group of 6th graders at outdoor nerf football. His throwing hand was broken, he only had one shoe on, and the 6th graders were somewhere between 6'4" and 6'7". Nevertheless, he was victorous winning 24-12. Oh and there might have been a tornado too, and the football field was measured in meters, which was hard for LakesBison because he doesn't know Spanish.

So if we can always count on him playing for the Bison if needed; plus he has the inside with Coach Bohl and Gene Taylor, so whenever we need him to play one phone call needs to be made.

I am now out of the spelling bee.
              I didn't mean to be the spell checker because I know I misspell tons of words, I just hate it when people misspell names.
              Last edited by Go_Herd; 06-09-2008, 09:53 AM.
              "No man stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child"

Comment

...Lakesbison???? ...he must be a real ace.
                I've read the infamous Lakesbison's words on the Bison message board and I figure Nidaros may have misspelled a word starting with "a" but ending with "ss". Lakes is quite a character. We don't have anyone like him on SDSUFans.com (thank goodness!).

Comment

Yes Lakes has been suspended at least twice at Bisonville.

VERY COLORFUL, but ardent Bison backer.

Rabbit fans aren't typically so ..... Rabid?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    Yes Lakes has been suspended at least twice at Bisonville.

VERY COLORFUL, but ardent Bison backer.

Rabbit fans aren't typically so ..... Rabid?
                    Our moderators are just meaner. It's those big huge nasty teeth, you see.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Lakesbison--you are not familiar with one of the greatest Bison posters of all time. Words cannot describe his greatness. It is rumored that he once singlehandly beat a group of 6th graders at outdoor nerf football. His throwing hand was broken, he only had one shoe on, and the 6th graders were somewhere between 6'4" and 6'7". Nevertheless, he was victorous winning 24-12. Oh and there might have been a tornado too, and the football field was measured in meters, which was hard for LakesBison because he doesn't know Spanish.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^6
                      ]
                      Someone just showed me that.... LOVE IT... its 69% true.

Comment

See that LakesBison is responding to a June 2008 post...his second grade teacher just got done interpreting it for him, most likely! Wonder if she types his posts as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                          See that LakesBison is responding to a June 2008 post...his second grade teacher just got done interpreting it for him, most likely! Wonder if she types his posts as well?
                          Smack to stay in Smack

Comment

Oops! Now it's 15 minutes on the stool in the corner with the dunce hat on.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan View Post
                              oops! Now it's 15 minutes on the stool in the corner with the dunce hat on.
                              roflmfao!

Comment

Working...
                              X