• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks Wrestling Signs with Brute / Adidas Wrestling

South Dakota State signs on with Brute-adidas
    By Jason Bryant

Brute-adidas Wrestling

Brute-adidas wrestling announced today it has signed on with South Dakota State University in Brookings, S.D.,

The South Dakota State wrestling team, which just completed its second full season of Division I competition, has a proud wrestling history and for years, was one of the programs in Division II contending for national championships.

“We’re excited that coach Jason Liles has brought the Jackrabbits wrestling team on board with us at Brute,” said Brute-adidas wrestling Partner and CEO Tom Sculley.

“South Dakota State is the only Division I wrestling program in the state,” said Sculley. “Getting an opportunity to not only provide the school with the best in wrestling shoes, equipment and gear, but getting exposure for our products to the fans in South Dakota at the highest level is exciting.”

“Being a Division I program, it’s just part of the process and we’re excited about being in partnership with Brute-adidas,” said Liles. “It think it’s good for our program.”

With South Dakota State’s move to the pinnacle of college athletics, NCAA Division I, the need for a high-quality apparel partner was necessary.

“Kids expect to have this as part of their program. It’s part of the transition to go to Division I from Division II,” explained Liles. “It’s the next step for us.”

Liles believes the deal with Brute-adidas will also help his program in the long run and his relationship with the company was also a big reason why he elected to have his squad outfitted by the company.

“It definitely helps with the visibility of our program and our university,” said Liles. “I’ve know the Brute-adidas people for a long time and they’re good people and I’m glad we’ve gotten this completed.”

The deal is also a win for Brute-adidas.

“South Dakota State’s wrestling program has the ability to become a major player in the sport of wrestling and be one of the teams the university can rally around,” said Sculley. “Brute-adidas’ relationship with the wrestling program so early in its Division I status is a testament to how we believe both South Dakota State and Brute-adidas can be in the region and on the mats.”

Recently, South Dakota State wrestlers Jeff Cooley and Ryan Meyer were honored by the Western Wrestling Conference on the All-Academic Teams.

About Henson Group

Henson Group, under the brand names of Brute wrestling and adidas wrestling, provides top quality products to the Sports Goods dealers of North America and distributors in Central and South America. Henson Group’s customer base is national in scope and ranges from local stores to national retail giants. Henson Group is the exclusive distributor of adidas wrestling footwear and the exclusive licensee of adidas wrestling apparel and accessories. www.hensongroupsports.com

About South Dakota State University

South Dakota State University is located in Brookings, South Dakota. This small but lively town of nearly 19,000 people is just miles from the Minnesota border and less than an hour’s drive to the state’s largest city, Sioux Falls. SDSU has an enrollment of 11,400 students making it the largest university in the state. You’ll find a diverse campus experience here, with over 200 majors and minors and unique opportunities for “hands-on” learning in every field of study.

www.gojacks.com
Working...
X