The One That Got Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The One That Got Away

I know some here indicated that Sam Ostarello would have been a good recruit but Purdue found out about her and that is where she has verbally committed. Obviously I have never seen her play and because Purdue offered her after one camp visit must mean that she really knocked it out of the park in that camp.

I was looking at some of the 2009 recruits listed nationally and came across her name at this site. It has her listed as the No. 11 overall recruit in the country for all 2009 recruits. I was a little shocked to even see her name on the list, let alone rated No. 11.

For reference, the No. 12 player listed is Tayler Hill from Minnesota. She has narrowed her list of schools to Duke and Rutgers. Tayler already had 2,000 career points after her Sophmore year and there is talk of her breaking the all time scoring record in Minnesota. Some scouting services claim she maybe the best player to ever come from Minnesota. I emphasized the "maybe" because it is all speculation, but you get the point.

Now some may argue that No. 11 is a little high for Sam and that me be true, but she would have been the biggest recruit we ever landed at SDSU for women's basketball.

Oh well, I wish her luck at Purdue. It is a great school and you really can't compare the Summit League to the Big Ten. Purdue also has had some success at the NCAA Tourney.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: The One That Got Away

Hopefully Pauluch and Lingle can work on her a bit in the next year and she could be convinced to come to SDSU just yet
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
      Hopefully Pauluch and Lingle can work on her a bit in the next year and she could be convinced to come to SDSU just yet
      Doubtful on several levels...one being the fact that with the verbal commitment from Leah Dietel, AJ now has all four of his 2009 scholarships used up. He said they are now starting to look at some of the upcoming juniors for 2010 potential.

Comment

Doubtful she will change her mind, but if she did Aaron would figure something out.

Comment

Working...
        X