Last chance at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last chance at home

Jacks will be on the road for final eight Summit games, but Jack fans have one more chance at home to see this year's team in action when Augustana comes to Erv Huether Field tomorrow (Tuesday) with game time at 4:30 p.m. Come cheer for the Rabbits and a great senior class!

Re: Last chance at home

The game with Augie has been cancelled.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
      The game with Augie has been cancelled.
      Yeh, darn it!!

Comment

How bad is this darn field. The diamonds at Dunham park in sioux falls hold up better in the rain.

Comment

I haven't heard anything and see there is another thread, but I know there was a lot of lightning at about game time here in Sioux Falls. They may have decided that the weather wasn't predicted to let up for several hours, that they just cancelled.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack B. Nimble View Post
            How bad is this darn field. The diamonds at Dunham park in sioux falls hold up better in the rain.
            As in a similar uninformed post in the basketball section, JBN seems to indicate in his post that he has never even seen the field. If he had, he would know that the field is in great shape, but as with any new grass (in its first year of use) will get even better with maturity. And since it was lightning and thundering and raining on the southside of Brookings just prior to the game, with forecasts indicating heavier rains than materialized, how do you get critical of the decision of the two coaches to cancel the game (which was a late add-on game not crucial to either team)??

Comment

Take a drive up to Brookings and take a look at the field. It is in great shape. Do you have anything to do with baseball in SF? If you did, you'd know that 1/4 of an inch will shut things down in SF in a heart beat. The storms last night had alot of lightening in them and no one knew for sure what was coming. Better to cancel ahead of time than to drive to Brookings and not be able to play. The game was nothing more than a practice game for either team anyway.

Comment

I know that JBN has seen the field, as have I, and there is no reason for the game to be cancelled. Might need a little more than 1/4 inch to shut things down in SF. I would know from personal experience. There was no lightning. Look at a radar and you could tell that the rain stopped at about 1:30 p.m. Nothing was coming and it didn't rain for the rest of the day. If the game was just a practice game, why even schedule it? So much for games late in the season meaning anything.

Comment

Originally posted by tlk23 View Post
                  I know that JBN has seen the field, as have I, and there is no reason for the game to be cancelled. Might need a little more than 1/4 inch to shut things down in SF. I would know from personal experience. There was no lightning. Look at a radar and you could tell that the rain stopped at about 1:30 p.m. Nothing was coming and it didn't rain for the rest of the day. If the game was just a practice game, why even schedule it? So much for games late in the season meaning anything.

Why don't you and your buddy JBN climb in bed and spoon for a few days and come back to the board when you're done making backhand comments at everything that SDSU athletics does.
                  If you two "Know-it-alls" think you really do know it all, you should really try and bring some constructive critizism to the board, rather than posting like a couple of 12 year olds that are not getting their way.

And if you are SDSU students...do me a favor and use the summer to think about transferring yourselves, kind of like what you think some of the basketball players should.

Does the term "fair-weather fan" strike a cord with the both of you??

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                    Why don't you and your buddy JBN climb in bed and spoon for a few days and come back to the board when you're done making backhand comments at everything that SDSU athletics does.
                    If you two "Know-it-alls" think you really do know it all, you should really try and bring some constructive critizism to the board, rather than posting like a couple of 12 year olds that are not getting their way.

And if you are SDSU students...do me a favor and use the summer to think about transferring yourselves, kind of like you think some of the basketball players to do.

Does the term "fair-weather fan" strike a cord with the both of you??

Go Jacks!!
                    I gave you the solution to the problem and how I would have handled it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                      JBN seems to indicate in his post that he has never even seen the field. And since it was lightning and thundering and raining on the southside of Brookings just prior to the game,
                      I was there on opening day with the great crowd of maybe 40. Being the #1 fan I hope you were there.

And yes Sioux Falls is south of Brookings were i believe most of the rain came down. 1/4 inch, which I don't think we even got that should not cancel the game. Since we had so many cancelled games this year they should have just held off until next year then maybe the field would have been in better shape.

Comment

I was there on opening day with the great crowd of maybe 40. Being the #1 fan I hope you were there.
                        Were you now? I too was at opening day, and the crowd was much much larger then 40. Don't believe me? Please see Terry's story from the Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...29/1002/sports

No place like home
                        Jackrabbits open new field with big crowd, easy win

Terry Vandrovec • tvandrovec@argusleader.com • April 22, 2008

BROOKINGS - The wind was cold. The areas outside the diamond looked like a construction site, marked by tire tracks and saw horses. The opponent was an overmatched NCAA Division III club.

Yet Monday was a pretty good day for baseball at South Dakota State.

In their debut at the new Erv Huether Field, the Jackrabbits hammered Presentation College 22-3 in seven innings, making short work of a game that was added to the schedule on short notice in light of several cancellations. . . .

The building continues. The facing on the dugout roofs - along with the "batter's eye" background in center field - are supposed to be completed in the next few weeks. Ideally, a permanent grandstand will be in place by next season, but that's a matter of finding a donor.

In the meantime, a section of portable seating has been brought in - and on Monday it was filled and then some. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

A school lying about about attendance figures, NOOOOOOOOOOO. An unprecedented move. You must have been the old guy with the cowbell.

Comment

Last I checked Terry works for the Argus Leader not SDSU.

Go State!

Comment

Originally posted by tlk23 View Post
                              A school lying about about attendance figures, NOOOOOOOOOOO. An unprecedented move. You must have been the old guy with the cowbell.

We'll leave that trick to the school down south...a place YOU might be happier??

Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Working...
                              X