Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Hill Declares for the Draft

Here is the press release from ESPN.

INDIANAPOLIS -- IUPUI guard George Hill, who averaged 21.4 points, declared for the NBA draft.

Hill will not hire an agent, so he has until June 16 to withdraw his name from consideration and return for his senior year. The draft is June 26.

The 6-foot-2 Hill averaged 6.8 rebounds and 4.3 assists and was selected Summit League Player of the Year. He helped the Jaguars to a school-best 26-7 record.

I really don't think he will be drafted, just my personal opinion. That being said, I wish him the best.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: George Hill Declares for the Draft

Good. This news should make Clint happy

Comment

Hopefully George does get a deal in the NBA and with Hamilton leaving Centenary, the playing field starts to tilt towards the new members of the Summit. Does draft declaring help or hinder the RPI of the conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        Hopefully George does get a deal in the NBA and with Hamilton leaving Centenary, the playing field starts to tilt towards the new members of the Summit. Does draft declaring help or hinder the RPI of the conference?
        I believe a player declaring for the draft has absolutely nothing to do with the RPI of any conference.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          I believe a player declaring for the draft has absolutely nothing to do with the RPI of any conference.
          The reason I asked was because some of the pundits have made comments about parity in programs due to early declarations and various players going pro. I thought possibly that was a weighing factor in building RPI, but win and loses and strength of schedule are possibly the biggest factors. I have no idea on how RPI are developed so thought I would ask.

I did find a link explaining RPI's so apparently you are correct, drafts prospects are not a factor.

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/rpi_help/

So what George Hill does only affects IUPUI and makes it a little easier, but I was impressed with him when he played in Brookings.

Comment

Looks like Hill might be gone (2nd paragraph)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=3444788

Comment

Terry V is reporting the same in his blog. Good news for SDSU.

Comment

Hill to San Antonio. Thats some nice PR for the Summit
                "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Hill to San Antonio. Thats some nice PR for the Summit
                  Yeah, that's great PR. I never would have thought he would go that high.... very impressive.

Comment

Now, maybe some of the other media members (sans TV) will take a different look at what the Summit League has to offer. Good for George, IUPUI and the Summit League
                    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                    -Leo Rosten

Comment

San Antonio is usually very solid in the draft. His type of game could fit in well there I think.

Good luck Mr Hill!

Comment

Went over to check out the Summit League website and this is the first thing that popped up. Very nice gesture from the League.

My congrats go out to George Hill and IUPUI. The more I look at the first round of the draft, I'd have to say the "mid-majors" did very well.
                        #12 Jason Thompson - Rider
                        #22 Courtney Lee - Western Kentucky
                        #26 George Hill - IUPUI

http://thesummitleague.org/HomePage....OUNT_TYPE=USER

Go Jacks!!
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Just curious if any other first-round NBA draft picks have played in Frost?
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                          X