Home Opener

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Opener

The dugouts have roofs, the field has stands (be it temporary aluminum) and the team is in uniforms.

Looks like the Jackrabbits are going to get their home opener in and welcome baseball back to the campus!!!

First pitch against Presentation College is set for 3:30 pm. I have meetings scheduled until 4 pm but I will stop by after work to support our Rabbits!

Go State!

Re: Home Opener

Jacks won 22-3.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I was there with the large crowd of 40-50. That was the most runs that i have ever seen live. I enjoyed the old car trailer that was the make-shift press box.

Comment

The next two weeks there are plenty of opportunities to watch Jacks baseball at Huether Field. Today at 3:05 they host DWU. Wednesday they travel to the Birdcage to play the Gophers. Saturday and Sunday they host WIU in DH's. On the 28th the play SFC and on Tuesday they host UND for a DH. On the 30th they travel to Minneapolis to play the Gophers again and the finish their home season with a 4 game series with ORU May 2-4th. Get out and back the Jacks.

Comment

Nice story from Terry about yesterday's game.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...29/1002/sports

No place like home

Jackrabbits open new field with big crowd, easy win

Terry Vandrovec • tvandrovec@argusleader.com • April 22, 2008

BROOKINGS - The wind was cold. The areas outside the diamond looked like a construction site, marked by tire tracks and saw horses. The opponent was an overmatched NCAA Division III club.

Yet Monday was a pretty good day for baseball at South Dakota State.

In their debut at the new Erv Huether Field, the Jackrabbits hammered Presentation College 22-3 in seven innings, making short work of a game that was added to the schedule on short notice in light of several cancellations. . . . (read more)

Go State!

Comment

Working...
          X