Vote for Tjay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vote for Tjay

Just a quick post to ask you all for your vote. A photo we had on the cover of the November/December issue of South Dakota Magazine is a finalist in Smithsonian Magazine's annual photo contest. It's one of 10 finalists in the Americana category and one of 50 up for the people's choice award. The folks at the Smithsonian will eventually pick the Americana winner, but people across the country are voting online for their favorite. The photo shows young Tjay Head playing basketball by some tepees near his family's home south of Fort Thompson.

The link is below. The photo is #13 of 50. You can vote once per day, every day, until April 30. We're a few hundred votes behind the leader now, but hopefully we can catch up. Thanks!

http://photocontest.smithsonianmag.c...finalists/PCA/

Re: Vote for Tjay

It's a gorgeous photograph. Bernie Hunhoff really knows how to take a picture.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

You got my vote.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

got my vote as well! I had good times playing basketball in fort back in middle school.

Comment

Closing in on second place, just 22 votes behind, and also narrowing gap on first (approx 250). Come on posters, let's give this South Dakotan a chance in the competition. Vote every day, takes one minute!

Comment

Yesterday when I voted, the current #1 was in third place, (or I didn't read very accurately). I get that picture, but current #2 of the dog looks like I don't know how many pictures of our dog that we have taken. Eye of the beholder I guess.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Moved in to 2nd place, about 120 behind first. Keep voting people.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                Moved in to 2nd place, about 120 behind first. Keep voting people.
                Trailing by 94 votes now. I do like the photo that is leading the voting as well.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Thanks much for your votes. As of 3 p.m., today, our photo is in first place by 105 votes. We can't let up, though. Please pass the word and keep voting!

http://photocontest.smithsonianmag.c...finalists/PCA/

Comment

Lead is growing...but let's not rest on our laurels! Let's get this award for a fellow South Dakotan...vote every day until April 30. We can do it!

Comment

Lead is over 800 votes now. Keep pushing Tjay forward.

Comment

Tjay is doing well. Keep voting!
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

6398 to 4215

Comment

7160 to 4457 at about 2:00 pm today.

Comment

As of now, Tjay has 7796 and the next closest is 4669. Barring computer hijinks, I think he has it locked up.

Comment

Working...
                              X