Coach Palileo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Palileo

Apparently Andrew is one of 66 candidates for the Florida Gulf Coast head coaches position.
    http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs....ORTS/804040384
    List on the right side names him.

Re: Coach Palileo

what conference are they members of?
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
      what conference are they members of?
      Atlantic Sun I believe, just moved up to D-1 this last year?

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
        Atlantic Sun I believe, just moved up to D-1 this last year?
        Yes, FGCC was the auto-qualifier of the Atlantic Sun for the WNIT.

Comment

I am just trying to see how it is a move up for Andrew.

I also notice he is also one of 66 candidates, I wonder if he put his name in or if he is just a candidate.
          "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
          -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
            I also notice he is also one of 66 candidates, I wonder if he put his name in or if he is just a candidate.
            He is an applicant and he does have some family down in Florida.

Comment

Sort of makes Phil almost taking a different assistants job make a bit more sense.

Good luck to Andrew.
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Is it just me, or is the volleyball team off to a rocky 2008. First Asst. Coach leaves, then we get swept by Wayne St, Northern, and NDSU (I think anyway), and now rumors of head coach leaving. Not exactly the momentum carryover from the NCAA bid last fall.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I wonder how Phil would have done as SDSU's head coach? Andrew has done good things at SDSU but he seems like he won't be here long. Drake must have thought enough about Phil to hire him. Oh well, I guess we might never know.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                    Is it just me, or is the volleyball team off to a rocky 2008. First Asst. Coach leaves, then we get swept by Wayne St, Northern, and NDSU (I think anyway), and now rumors of head coach leaving. Not exactly the momentum carryover from the NCAA bid last fall.
                    Not all of this sounds good, but even the worst scenerio, of Coach Palileo leaving, there probably are a number of replacements out in the open market that would apply. Coach Palileo and McDaniels have accompolished a great deal, but I think we can survive without them too. We could possibly find better coaches too. Who knows, I dont.

Comment

Coach Palileo has been a great coach for SDSU and I hope he is our coach for a long time.

If he is able to get a position that is a move up in his mind then I wish him all the best. It is a good thing to have coaches from our university being sought after by other schools. The list of quality candidates goes way up when you have a school with a track record of giving coaches the opportunity to move up. Turnover is a fact of life in coaching. SDSU has been lucky to have long-term coaching staffs in place in most sports.

It's great if he gets an offer to move up, even better if he stays!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

At SDSU's level, you're always going to have movement and want nothing but the best for your coaches....that being said...SDSU needs to work on changing the length of contracts for their head coaches....IMO, it is insane for a person to move their family to SD (any of the schools) for a 1 yr contract.....we ask someone to come and continue to build or rebuild a program, and not give them any job security...and conversely...multi year contracts guard the university from always wondering if a coach may leave every year. This is about as ridiculous as the "work for food" portion of the scholarships when I was in school.
                        Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                        Muhammad Ali

Comment

Andrew is one of 10 candidates left for the position.

Comment

It isn't going to be Florida Gulf Coast. But there is a bigger school that he is talking with right now.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                              It isn't going to be Florida Gulf Coast. But there is a bigger school that he is talking with right now.
                              That is quite the tease ... any other clues you may wish to add?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X