IPFW recruiting downhill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPFW recruiting downhill?

This can't be appealing to parents who are about to let their teenaged kids out into the city life to go to college:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl.../NEWS/80406002

Re: IPFW recruiting downhill?

If you're familiar with the FW area at all, this is nothing new. Probably not even front page material.
    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
    Muhammad Ali

Comment

I'm not sure how many murders have occurred in Brookings in my lifetime. The Flittie murder is a memorable one. That might be the last one, and it was back when I was a kid (I'm 43 now). Anybody think of any others?
      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I'm not sure how many murders have occurred in Brookings in my lifetime. The Flittie murder is a memorable one. That might be the last one, and it was back when I was a kid (I'm 43 now). Anybody think of any others?
        Didn't a guy (like 18-19 yr old) kill his dad sometime within the last year? I was thinking it happened in one of the trailer parks on the south side of town...

Comment

That's pretty scary when people in Brookings have to think just to remember one while people in Fort Wayne can think, "Oh yeah, we had nine just this past week. Take your pick". If I was a basketball prospect, I don't know if I'd want to go to a college that is located downtown in a city with a lot of crime. Just me!

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
            Didn't a guy (like 18-19 yr old) kill his dad sometime within the last year? I was thinking it happened in one of the trailer parks on the south side of town...
            Yeah, you're right. Maybe that was the first since the Flittie murder.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
              Yeah, you're right. Maybe that was the first since the Flittie murder.
              I believe there was one other 10-12 years ago. A young man stabbed his girlfriend to death. Nearby Sioux Falls has had there share though.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                That's pretty scary when people in Brookings have to think just to remember one while people in Fort Wayne can think, "Oh yeah, we had nine just this past week. Take your pick". If I was a basketball prospect, I don't know if I'd want to go to a college that is located downtown in a city with a lot of crime. Just me!
                A lot of kids grow up in the city and that is all they know. It's a major adjustment for an inner city kid to have to adjust to life in Brookings. A couple years ago the Argus (I believe) had an article on Chris White and Nagy talked about how he has to be careful about bringing inner city kids to SDSU because there is a major culture shock.

My point.......if that's all you know, you pry don't even bat an eye when you hear of another murder.

Comment

Working...
                X