Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DII Women's Basketball National Championship Smack

Originally posted by Drake View Post
    The SDSU and USD women had three common opponents this year ... USD defeated Creighton in a scrimage in Omaha, defeated Northern Iowa in exhibition 76-46 in Cedar Falls and SW Minn. State 75-65 in Vermillion with reserves playing the majority of the second half.
    It's becuase of bull**** like this that we can now go on with our lives and not have to worry about hearing squat from our flea-bitten friends down south for a long time.

Congrats on a great season to the USD WBB Team and for just about getting onto my radar screen.

THE SAD FACT IS THAT NOBODY REMEMBERS WHO GOT SECOND! USD has been runner-up to SDSU in just about everything for years and that ain't gonna stop.

Welcome to transition hell!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: DII Women's Basketball National Championship

Wasn't the fast-paced Summit Leauge ranked something like 27th out of 34 conferences in the nation? And of the two teams that tied for second (both of which beat SDSU), one got the automatic bid to the NCAA and was blasted by Tenn., and the other had a 2-9 non conference record?

Comment

Wasn't the fast-paced Summit Leauge ranked something like 27th out of 34 conferences in the nation? And of the two teams that tied for second (both of which beat SDSU), one got the automatic bid to the NCAA and was blasted by Tenn., and the other had a 2-9 non conference record?
      Geez, can you USD guys get ANYTHING right?

Summit League women were 20th out of 31 conferences, according to Sagarin.

It would explain a lot about the otherwise inexplicable Coyote sanguinity about getting into a D-I conference if y'all think that there are 34 D-I conferences. Sadly, reality is poised to whap you upside the head. Again.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
        Geez, can you USD guys get ANYTHING right?

Summit League women were 20th out of 31 conferences, according to Sagarin.

It would explain a lot about the otherwise inexplicable Coyote sanguinity about getting into a D-I conference if y'all think that there are 34 D-I conferences. Sadly, reality is poised to whap you upside the head. Again.
        Oops, I made a mistake, and was looking at the men's Sagarin ratings instead of the women's ratings.

The Summit League was 18th out of 31 conferences in women's basketball, largely on the strength of SDSU. Sadly, Sagarin doesn't bother with lower divisions.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Sadly, Sagarin doesn't bother with lower divisions.
          That is a rule that everyone should follow. I don't bother with lower divisions either.

Go State!!!
          Go Jacks!!!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Re: DII Women's Basketball National Championship Smack

OK, so I had my ratings wrong. But didn't the team that got the Summit bid get seeded 64th in the NCAA tourney and then go drilled by Tenn.? And did the other second place team not have a 2-9 non-conference record? And both of these teams beat SDSU. This does not speak highly of the fast-paced DI Summit League.

Comment

SDSU has shown the way to be successful in transition. It is a very high set bar, especially in WBB.

The north central region in D-II won't be the dominant force that it has been during the hay days of the NCC. I am happy that Yotes have ONE bright event for their final year in the watered down NCC and D-II.

They will have years to brag about being AVIS.

So much better to be Hertz, and have others trying to catch up.

Comment

It seems in terms of winning conference championships, leaving the NCC and DII has been better for SDSU. Your football team did not win an NCC title for 40 years in the NCC then wins the Great West last fall. Your WBB never won an outright NCC title and won the fast-paced Summit title this year.

Comment

I'm not quite sure I understand what Drake is arguing about. Is he blasting the conference that USD hopes to join? Drake, SDSU paved the way for USD. SDSU is better than USD, it's a federal law.

Comment

OK, so I had my ratings wrong. But didn't the team that got the Summit bid get seeded 64th in the NCAA tourney and then go drilled by Tenn.? And did the other second place team not have a 2-9 non-conference record? And both of these teams beat SDSU. This does not speak highly of the fast-paced DI Summit League.
                    I usually try not to dive into the smack section, but I couldn't resist any longer. Your logic is flawed because in athletics anything can happen, any night. Your USD women also lost to Adams St (or college?) this year and they finished the season with a blazing 13-15 record in the RMAC. But according to your logic, they were better than USD and everybody else on USD's schedule that USD beat unless that team played Adams and lost.

USD had a great year and I don't want to downgrade Division 2 as we spent a lot of good years competing in the NCC, but anybody with a half a brain that watched both SDSU and USD play basketball this season could tell you who the better team was.

Our post players were faster and more athletic (there is no way Mosley, Robinette, or Yoeger could have kept up with Boever, Warkenthien, etc).

Our guards were more disciplined and skilled (ask the Hoffmans about their past experiences against SDSU).

Our freshman were more talented (even though Hegge is a player for USD).

Our Bench was deeper.

And our coaching was not even in the same league (and I think Lavin is actually a good coach even though I am annoyed by his comments).

Could USD give us a good game, probably. Would they beat SDSU...not a chance.
                    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Drake,

We won a DII National Championship! You never did, nor never will!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                        I usually try not to dive into the smack section, but I couldn't resist any longer. Your logic is flawed because in athletics anything can happen, any night. Your USD women also lost to Adams St (or college?) this year and they finished the season with a blazing 13-15 record in the RMAC. But according to your logic, they were better than USD and everybody else on USD's schedule that USD beat unless that team played Adams and lost.

USD had a great year and I don't want to downgrade Division 2 as we spent a lot of good years competing in the NCC, but anybody with a half a brain that watched both SDSU and USD play basketball this season could tell you who the better team was.

Our post players were faster and more athletic (there is no way Mosley, Robinette, or Yoeger could have kept up with Boever, Warkenthien, etc).

Our guards were more disciplined and skilled (ask the Hoffmans about their past experiences against SDSU).

Our freshman were more talented (even though Hegge is a player for USD).

Our Bench was deeper.

And our coaching was not even in the same league (and I think Lavin is actually a good coach even though I am annoyed by his comments).

Could USD give us a good game, probably. Would they beat SDSU...not a chance.
                        79. I have to respectfully disagree with you. Mosley, Robinette, and Yoeger had a time this season when they could have kept up. It was when Ketty, Jen, Stacy, and Macie were wearing boots. Then and then only they could have kept up, but I think SDSU still wins.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                          79. I have to respectfully disagree with you. Mosley, Robinette, and Yoeger had a time this season when they could have kept up. It was when Ketty, Jen, Stacy, and Macie were wearing boots. Then and then only they could have kept up, but I think SDSU still wins.
                          I gotta admit I hate smack talk. I never did it when I competed and try not to do it today. I will admit though I do find it entertaining to read some of those insane comments from USD fans.
                          It just seems to me that when a Yote comes on this site there should be some respect shown. However I guess that isn't the way it works. Needless to say I have no idea how the Yotey gals would have done against the Jacks and quite honestly don't care. There were a lot of Jackrabbit fans that showed a whole lot more class than I could by congratulating the USD women on their season. I could be wrong but I do not recall any Yotee fans saying similiar things last year.
                          The only smack I will engage in is to say I hope the Yotes lose all their games next year in every sport and embarass the h*ll out of their university and fans. Then I hope Jackrabbit fans will be silent and show the "class" that Yotes fans lack.

Comment

Originally posted by 68 Jackrabbit View Post
                            Drake,

We won a DII National Championship! You never did, nor never will!
                            NOW THAT IS MAKING THE MOST OF A FIRST POST! Rep points!

Welcome to the board 68 Jackrabbit!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Smack fans,

You can assume and speculate all you want about who beat who, who would beat who and so on! History tells it all in WBB. Jackrabbits went 46 and 21 against the yotes and that includes 22 wins in a row at one time. There were three reasons that this was the Yotes first trip to the elite 8 - NDSU, UND and SDSU. The lady Jacks won three regional championships and one Dll championship. By the way the Lady Jacks beat Northern Kentucky Norse twice. Once in Rodchester MN and again in St. Joe Mo.

Go big, go blue, Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                              X