Wish we had a shot at this kid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish we had a shot at this kid.

Looks to be a little larger version of his Dad but seems to have his sights set on a big time school. http://www.wegherfootball.com/

Re: Wish we had a shot at this kid.

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
    Looks to be a little larger version of his Dad but seems to have his sights set on a big time school. http://www.wegherfootball.com/
    Obviously a sought after recruit by some major schools...but your own here I am website to boot? I have wisely deleted several comments I was tempted to make regarding that. I've got a feeling that there is a snowballs chance in hell that the Jacks are anywhere in this kid's thinking.

Comment

Call me crazy or old school.....but when you have your own website to promote yourself at that age whats next? Recruiting of high school players has nearly gotten out of control. Not saying this kid isn't extremely talented, looks like it is. Very likely his parents are the ones doing all the promotion. Just my .02 worth.....off my soapbox now........

Go Jacks !!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I would agree about having his own website. The only reason I would have thought SDSU would like a shot at him is that his Dad is former Jackrabbit all-american Rick Wegher.

Comment

Please don't think I am knocking the young man......more just a comment about the state of recruiting in todays society.......He would look great in a Jacks uniform

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

One could argue that the website is a little over the top but the kid has 13 D-1 offers at the moment. I think the best thing the Jacks can do ,is keep in contact with him ,because you never know what could happen down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              One could argue that the website is a little over the top but the kid has 13 D-1 offers at the moment. I think the best thing the Jacks can do ,is keep in contact with him ,because you never know what could happen down the road.
              I was looking on his website for where it said he had the 13 offers and couldn't find it. Where did you hear that info? Just wondering. He is a fast kid from the looks of the film. Most of the shots are him outrunning kids down the sideline.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

When video-cameras became common place, parents started promoting their atheletes by sending out film on their kid. Now, with the internet, the self-promotion is that much easier. This kid isn't the only one who has his own website. I've seen some very detailed, professionally-made websites for high school athletes selling themselves to colleges.

I guess times are always changing.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                  I was looking on his website for where it said he had the 13 offers and couldn't find it. Where did you hear that info? Just wondering. He is a fast kid from the looks of the film. Most of the shots are him outrunning kids down the sideline.
                  I got the info off of a rivals site

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    When video-cameras became common place, parents started promoting their atheletes by sending out film on their kid. Now, with the internet, the self-promotion is that much easier. This kid isn't the only one who has his own website. I've seen some very detailed, professionally-made websites for high school athletes selling themselves to colleges.

I guess times are always changing.
                    The website is not for college coaches. It is for easily impressed schmucks like us. They are not interested in highlight films or obvious self-promotion. Certainly the kid is a talent given the fact his being offered by some prominent D-1 Programs, but be assured the only thing this website would do is raise a few eyebrows in coaching circles as to the possible prima-donna factor they may also have to deal with down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabid View Post
                      The website is not for college coaches. It is for easily impressed schmucks like us. They are not interested in highlight films or obvious self-promotion. Certainly the kid is a talent given the fact his being offered by some prominent D-1 Programs, but be assured the only thing this website would do is raise a few eyebrows in coaching circles as to the possible prima-donna factor they may also have to deal with down the road.
                      I know I'm a schmuck but I'm surely not easily impressed. Can't speak for the other guys here. If his dad played at State, he can.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I don't know about that, I'm guessing that there are quite a few kids with websites that feature themselves. And if you throw-in the My Space and Facebook pages that many high school kids have that feature their athletic achievements, I would guess it is not uncommon at all. I don't think this is what a college coach is going to use to evaluate a kid on, but I doubt they would make a determination about his character from it.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Please realize that our best basketball player and his brother also had a website similar to the one this kid has when he was in school. I'm not sure what the main use of it is, but it does get your name out there. I don't think you can base him having his own website to him being a prima-donna.

Comment

I believe that, for better or for worse, these types of Web sites have become the standard rather than the exception. I believe we've had a couple of our recent men's bball signees had their own sites.
                            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
                              Call me crazy or old school.....but when you have your own website to promote yourself at that age whats next? Recruiting of high school players has nearly gotten out of control. Not saying this kid isn't extremely talented, looks like it is. Very likely his parents are the ones doing all the promotion. Just my .02 worth.....off my soapbox now........

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                              You make a good point... but it's so inexpensive to do, and it could help a kid get a free education at a great university. If my kid has a smidgen of talent at anything when he's 18, I'm going to put a Web site up, get him a scholarship, cash out his 529, and take a six-month vacation.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X