Creighton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creighton

Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 pm. Time to right the ship.

Re: Creighton

Here is a season preview from the Creighton web site.

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArtic...ATCLID=1393630

Comment

Not getting off to a very good start.

A single, back to back bombs, a hit batter a double an errant pitch and we are down 4-0 last I heard.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Solo shot by Fisher.

5-1 Bluejays middle of 3rd.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Creighton picks up another run on 3 hits in the bottom of the 3rd.

6-1 Jays.

Comment

trivia of the day via T-banger Merriam: Where is the Summit League headquarters located?

Comment

Tony Martin leads off the 4th with a jack.

6-2.

Comment

Interesting tidbit from Creighton...Catcher/Outfielder Joe Servais is a relative (nephew I believe) of former major leaguer Scott Servais, who also attended Creighton.

Meanwhile Morar bangs in a run. 6-3.

Pinch hitting, Ayala bangs Morar home on a double off the wall.

I missed a run somewhere....Merriam says its 6-5 Bluejays, top of 4, no out.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  trivia of the day via T-banger Merriam: Where is the Summit League headquarters located?
                  I believe Elmcrest, IL...an no I didn't look on the Summit League website!

Comment

Mintken gets a base hit, and Ayala holds up at 3rd.

Runners on the corners, no out.

Hanigan base hit to left. Jackrabbits tie it up. Still no out.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      I believe Elmcrest, IL...an no I didn't look on the Summit League website!
                      Close Btown. Elmhurst, IL.

Fisher strikes out and Jacks double steal, runners at 2nd and 3rd.

Perry is intentionally walked to set up a double play.

Comment

Martin grounds into double play to end the inning, BUT the Jacks even it up at 6.

To the bottom of the 4th we go!

We really need to pull off a W today, having lost our last 7. That Gopher series was killer.

Comment

Koch is boggled by a balk call by the ump. 2 on 2 out for Servais.

Depending how this at bat goes this might be the last inning we see Koch.

Servais grounds out.

Creighton gets a run. 7-6 after 4.

Comment

Top 5 - Adams lines a lead-off base hit and reaches 2nd on a fielder's choice by Turner.

Morar grounds out but Adams advances to 3rd. 2 out. ON a 1-2 count to Ayala, Pitcher balks and Adams scores. 7 all.

ESPN radio cuts in and I have a hard time focusing on Tyler's voice.....he's back.

Ayala walks.

Here's where I do my best Dick and Bert impression...Mintken is gonna hit a 2 run bomb.....IS THAT A CALL??

Ayala steals 2nd. Mintken bombs a 2-2 pitch foul.....Mintken lines a hit to right, Ayala safe on a play at the plate.

Jacks have their first lead of the game (8-7) on Mintkens 18th RBI of the year.

Inning ends when Mintken gets caught stealing.

Comment

I had to leave for a minute, but Jacks still up 8-7, just starting bottom of 6th.

Zach Weber relieves Koch this inning.

Soto gets nailed at 2nd when Morar does his Michael Cuddyer impression from left field.

Ruf grounds out to Ayala. Creighton with 2 quick outs.

Winkelmann gets hit by a pitch....the 3rd Creighton batter to be hit.....are we trying to start a rivalry here?

Weber balks Winkelmann to 2nd. The next batter flys out.

8-7 Jacks after 6.

Comment

Working...
                              X