Poor Bison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Bison

Looks like the Bison Football team finally cracked after their loss to us Back in November.

Dozens of bison were found slain on a private ranch near Eleven Mile Reservoir in Park County on Thursday, according to the Park County Sheriff's Office.

Park County Sheriff Fred Wegener said more than 30 animals had been killed in the past few days.

"It's clear this didn't just happen yesterday," he said. "There are just hundreds of acres with carcasses laying out there. There are carcasses and hides."

The bison were found on property owned by the Elk Mountain Cattle Co., according to David Hale, a neighboring bison breeder. Hale said Elk Mountain owns more than 1,000 of the animals.

The ranch's owner, Monte Downare, could not be reached for comment.
    http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/mar/20/dozens-bison-found-slain/

Re: Poor Bison

And everyone one of them were laying there facing north with their tails between their legs!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

You guys honestly think you'll have a chance in hell at the Dome on 11/22?? I wouldn't put money on it if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBisonator View Post
        You guys honestly think you'll have a chance in hell at the Dome on 11/22?? I wouldn't put money on it if I were you.
        It's a risk you take anytime you bet on a sporting event. SDSU had their chances in the Dome in 06, why wouldn't we have chances in 08.

Comment

I honestly believe we do.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

So you are implying we have no chance? Then you must be willing to bet everything you own since it's a for sure thing the Bison will win.

For some reason I don't see you putting everything you own on the Bison winning this game.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
              Looks like the Bison Football team finally cracked after their loss to us Back in November.

More likely Bison fans than the Bison team. There is a whole lot of bitterness over on bisonville. Ever since they lost their undeafted season, conference championship, and rivalry game all in one afternoon, they've been smacking everything they can think of-the stadium, the fans, the town, and most recently the new mascot. I think that their insistance that all of these misfortunes came at the hands of a lesser team has inhibited the healing process. Therapy?
              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

I'll bet you made the exact same post (swap out Dome for CAS and 11/22 for 11/17) about five or six months ago.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I've been definitely noticing a kinder, gentler Bison Football team the last couple of years. Bison football just ain't what it used to be.

The big change is that these aren't your father's jackrabbits! We are definitely on the way up and it's high time we end that damn winning streak you have up there.

Just imagine how nuts the Buffalo Chips will go if we take it to them in the "Sale Barn" in Fargo?

You bet your ass we have a chance! That's what drives the Bison fans crazy! They actually have to respect Jackrabbit Football!

The funny thing is that NDSU is becoming a basketball school and SDSU is firing it up on the football side.

Can already smell the Buffalo burgers on the grill on 11/22/08!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I for one can't wait to read all the b*tching and moaning on bisonville after we win in the dome next year. Most of the Bison fans will still be in denial, of course. They'll be complaining about how bad calls hurt them (of course), and had it not been for the refs they would have won 470-3.

Comment

Keep laughing you silly rabbits. You have our attention now. Women's basketball dominance was bad enough but, that football win stung.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                        It's a risk you take anytime you bet on a sporting event. SDSU had their chances in the Dome in 06, why wouldn't we have chances in 08.
                        The game this year in the dome should be a good one. In 06 the Jacks had 2 hail-marys for tds....I don't think that will happen this yr. If a playoff berth is on the line.....Bison will hand it to the Jacks.

2-3 td win for Bison

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                          The game this year in the dome should be a good one. In 06 the Jacks had 2 hail-marys for tds....I don't think that will happen this yr. If a playoff berth is on the line.....Bison will hand it to the Jacks.

2-3 td win for Bison

Almost as long as I've been reading this board, Bison fans have also been coming on here predicting double blowout wins, whining about officials, and talking a lot of woulda, coulda, shoulda. Yet, the series since moving DI is pretty much even with each team winning on their own turf.

I wouldn't exactly call the td passes hail marys either. I seem to recall one in particular where our WR stomped on the precious bison in the endzone. I still smile when I remember that.

You guys played a good game in Brookings last year, we just beat you. Just like we played a good game in ND last time and you beat us.

A 2-3 touchdown prediction is pretty ridiculous even for a smack thread given the recent history of this rivalry.
                          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Early Start

Comment

Working...
                            X