Boys State BB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boys State BB

Madison is picking up a lot of tough foul calls. Basically, if Vlastuin takes its up and Madison even challenges his shot its a foul. Officials need to let them play a little bit. I hope Madison can pull it out. I enjoy watching Fiegen and White.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Boys State BB

White has fouled out, Jonke has fouled out, 3 Lennox players have 4 fouls. I think the players are a little too fast for the officials.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

this is a good game, tied with 2.9 seconds left, madison's ball

Comment

now that was a good inbounds play, kinda lucky too!
        Madison wins

Comment

I like the fact the Fiegen is going to be a Jackrabbit in 2 years. When he puts on some more muscle he may be as good a college player as he is a high school junior. Great game by Fiegen, White and Madison. Find some time tomorrow night to watch these kids.

Comment

Tony took over for madison! he was clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Madison is picking up a lot of tough foul calls. Basically, if Vlastuin takes its up and Madison even challenges his shot its a foul. Officials need to let them play a little bit. I hope Madison can pull it out. I enjoy watching Fiegen and White.
              The whole game was full of ridiculous foul calls if you ask me...especially as you said, when Vlastuin drove the lane....nearly 50 fouls in the game.

Way to fight their way back in it for Madison though.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

From the Argus.

Bulldogs to fight for first state crown

Madison defeated Sisseton 61-51 in the second semifinal game of the Class A tournament Friday night at the Arena.

The seventh-seeded Bulldogs (19-6) will meet Platte-Geddes tonight in an attempt to claim their first state championship since 1945.

"We still haven't played our best game yet," Madison coach Michael Ricke said. "To win you have to have balance and we had that tonight. And we will need that tomorrow night."

Junior standouts Chad White and Tony Fiegen paced the Bulldogs. White scored 22 points and had five rebounds, three assists and two steals. Fiegen added 18 points to go along with seven rebounds and three assists.

Read the rest of the article here...
                http://beta.argusleader.com/apps/pbc...28/1002/sports
                "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                -Leo Rosten

Comment

If you get a chance you have to watch the highlights from the State A's Consolation Championships. A kid from Sioux Valley makes an incredible play to score 4 points in the closing seconds of the third quarter. If it doesn't make ESPN this week, I would be surprised.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                    From the Argus.

Bulldogs to fight for first state crown

Madison defeated Sisseton 61-51 in the second semifinal game of the Class A tournament Friday night at the Arena.

The seventh-seeded Bulldogs (19-6) will meet Platte-Geddes tonight in an attempt to claim their first state championship since 1945.

"We still haven't played our best game yet," Madison coach Michael Ricke said. "To win you have to have balance and we had that tonight. And we will need that tomorrow night."

Junior standouts Chad White and Tony Fiegen paced the Bulldogs. White scored 22 points and had five rebounds, three assists and two steals. Fiegen added 18 points to go along with seven rebounds and three assists.

Read the rest of the article here...
                    http://beta.argusleader.com/apps/pbc...28/1002/sports

Madison Bulldogs fell short in the finals. Platte-Geddes seemed to have momentun that just never quit. I did not think P-G would get past Red Cloud, but they did. At least most of us got to see Fiegan and White play. They look as solid as any SD recruit, but how they will far against a ORU and IUPUI team remains in the future. Making offers to sophomores is kind of unheard of and I hope it works for Coach Nagy.

Comment

White and Fiegan looked very average in the championship game. However, that is what you get with high school kids. They have more time to continue to improve, and I am hopeful that they will be redshirted. That means it is 2 seasons and 20 pounds each before we see them wearing whatever SDSU logo is on the jerseys by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Madison Bulldogs fell short in the finals. Platte-Geddes seemed to have momentun that just never quit. I did not think P-G would get past Red Cloud, but they did. At least most of us got to see Fiegan and White play. They look as solid as any SD recruit, but how they will far against a ORU and IUPUI team remains in the future. Making offers to sophomores is kind of unheard of and I hope it works for Coach Nagy.
                        Many kids get recruited when they are that young and offered scholarships. Miles Webb and Spencer Tollackson from the Gophers verballed when they were sophmores and many other recruits do this too. (Miles Webb wasn't there long though). It needs to be done to get your recruits as early as possible. Roy Williams was stated as going to basketball games to watch 7th and 8th graders play. Now that's unbelievable! Also, AJ and Mellum have done the same thing with the girls players. A girl verballed from Pierre as a sophmore correct??

I thought Fiegen had trouble getting the ball in good positions and White should not have been on top of the key playing point. He's easy to find when he's standing on top of the key the entire time. P-G did a good job with their zone, but they needed White to score. Running the baseline or at least on the wing would have really helped them out. It would have been easier for White to get the ball into Fiegen, too. Besides last night, I'm sure he does well with the point, but he would help his team more if he was somewhere else on the floor.

Comment

You are right, these earlier offers have occurred. I think the women's program at SDSU is in a better position to make an early offer than is the Men's program. We have had so much discussion about talent and not having any scholarships to offer this year because of the early offers. Some of this discussion, I disagree.

I would like to think the men's current roster can get us out of the basement, but having a bit of flexibilty to get a Juco or the type of player that is needed to fix some of our current problems would be a real choice at this point time.

The Madison kids look very raw in terms of skills at this point, and if we have to redshirt a year that slows it down more. I hope they have the makings of a Marcus Lewis(ORU), but it did not show in the state tourney, but again its a team sport run by a high school coach.
                          The commitment by two players can not be a dictate to how a high school coach should run his high school program. I think Ricke is a very good high school coach and setting up that last second play against Lennox, showed me that he knows his coaching stuff.

I also think both these guys need to spend some time in the weight room and they will have to grow some more to be inside players. I suppose they could be used as guards with some size which is something we do need. Well its down the road, so no need to get all wadded at this point in time. lol

Comment

These players will not play inside. If we need them to be "big men" then we will be in serious trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by collegewatcher View Post
                              These players will not play inside. If we need them to be "big men" then we will be in serious trouble.
                              Agreed.

White is projected as a 2-3. Fiegen could possible play a 4 at times, depending on if he grows a little more. Plenty of time to figure this out of course.

I also felt that Madison should have been switching every single screen when P-G was running their offense. It's a flex offense. Deny swings as well and it would have been tough to score. Props to the Cutler kid though (#10 right?) He's a competitor.

I have zero ties to Madison. I just felt they could have done a better job with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X