Mascot Fight!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mascot Fight!

Here is some video of the IUPUI and ORU mascots scrapping at center court during a timeout of last nights game.

http://www.withleather.com/post.phtml?pk=5241

Terry commented on it during his blog last night:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com

"Classic moment - and somebody tell me if this got on TV or not. During a timeout, the Jaguar and the Eagle started pretend wrestling at halfcourt. Then a head got knocked off and it turned serious. Finally, a dude in a Summit League vest rushed the floor to tackle them, making like Steve from the Jerry Springer Show. The Jag is sitting in the hallway behind me trying to catch his breath - and he was the clear winner. Was that staged? I'm stunned."

Re: Mascot Fight!

Damn!!! These Summit League Mascots are tuff!!! The Jacks Mascot better hit the weight room this off-season. Maybe this is why mascots don't travel with the team during the regular season.

Go State!!!
    Go Jacks!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

That is awesome! Anyone know if this made any espn highlights?

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
        That is awesome! Anyone know if this made any espn highlights?
        I didn't make any ESPN highlights and actually, it didn't even make the broadcast last night during the game on ESPN. I really wish it would have!

Comment

ESPN's Tony Kornheiser just called the scrap "An embarassing humiliation for Eli the Eagle" because he got beat-down. The fight got some good time on PTI just now. Crazy. This, I guess, is what The Summit League will become known for in March. Our teams won't make the Final Four, but stay out of the way of our mascots. The whole fight was shown this afternoon ... just moments ago. Crazy. Funny. Crazy-funny!
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

It was also discussed on ESPN's Around the Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
              I watched both today, decent publicity and no harm to the Summit League.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                sure the one day i do not watch around the horn and pti they talk about the the summit league. lol!

Comment

It as on at the end of Sportscenter this evening as well, showed alot more than the video I posted yesterday.

Comment

Another video from youtube, from a news cast in Tulsa.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1faA8FxiLw4&watch_response

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                      sure the one day i do not watch around the horn and pti they talk about the the summit league. lol!
                      Exactly what I was just thinking.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The Chicago Tribune web site also has it in their "Video" section. This was the first I had seen it.

Comment

Working...
                        X