Western Illinois.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Illinois.

Western's head coach has resigned much to the joy of many Leatherneck fans. Derek Thomas has been on the fan's hot seat the last two years.

http://www.leathernecknation.com/Topic2756-4-1.aspx
    http://www.leathernecknation.com/Topic2656-4-2.aspx

Re: Western Illinois.

From Terry's blog post today, sounds like Mark Margenthaler is a serious candidate for the W. Illinois job. Quoted is Terry's comments, follow the link within his blog post to read the details.

There are two men's basketball coaching vacancies in the Summit League. Derek Thomas is out at Western Illinois and a former Jackrabbit is among the potential replacement.

(read more)

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      From Terry's blog post today, sounds like Mark Margenthaler is a serious candidate for the W. Illinois job. Quoted is Terry's comments, follow the link within his blog post to read the details.
      Matt and his Mavericks lost to Augie in the first round of the regional today. His post-season record hasn't exactly been spectacular. Granted, Winona has been darn good the last few years. I think Metro knocked them out one year, not sure who got them last year.

Its usually nice to return to your alma mater, especially if its a move up.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Its usually nice to return to your alma mater, especially if its a move up.
        It's not much of a move up according to coach Nagy. Matt has more resources at Mankato than he would at Western. Hopefully, Matt doesn't move to Western. I fear it would be a bad move for him.

But then again Matt has the ability to find the things he and the school needs to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
          It's not much of a move up according to coach Nagy. Matt has more resources at Mankato than he would at Western. Hopefully, Matt doesn't move to Western. I fear it would be a bad move for him.

But then again Matt has the ability to find the things he and the school needs to be successful.
          Matt does have ties to Western Illoinis two years as a player and also as a grad assistant and assistant coach. So not surprised he is being considered.

I always thought Matt was very passionate about all his duties as assistant at SDSU so no doubt, if he is considered and chosen, it would be hard for him to turn down the job.

Here is bio from the MSU website:

http://www.msumavericks.com/bio.php?id=28

Comment

I think they should think about grabbing Soderberg, just to get the kid. He is a pure shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              From Terry's blog post today, sounds like Matt Margenthaler is a serious candidate for the W. Illinois job. Quoted is Terry's comments, follow the link within his blog post to read the details.
              Matt has not and will not apply for the position. Courtesy of my friends on LeatherneckNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                Matt has not and will not apply for the position. Courtesy of my friends on LeatherneckNation.com
                looks like he is saying in mankato

http://keyc.tv/article/view/139053

Comment

Western appears set to name Jim Molinari head coach tomorrow in a press conference

Comment

It's 10:20 p.m. on 4/10/08 and I just read Bluehatman's post on Molinari going to be named head coach at Western Illinois. I decided to do a quick check on his background -- I knew he was the interim coach at Minnesota before Tubby was hired, but I was fuzzy on his other coaching experience. So, I went to Wikipedia and they already had an entry, made today, stating Molinari is the head coach at Western Illinois. That was fast!

I thought Molinari picked up the pieces after Monson left Minnesota and did a credible job the remainder of that season. Prior to the Minnesota job, Molinari had been the head coach at Northern Illinois and at Bradley University. Most recently, Molinari was an assistant at Ball State...that's where Western Illinois found him.

He's has good experience.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      It's 10:20 p.m. on 4/10/08 and I just read Bluehatman's post on Molinari going to be named head coach at Western Illinois. I decided to do a quick check on his background -- I knew he was the interim coach at Minnesota before Tubby was hired, but I was fuzzy on his other coaching experience. So, I went to Wikipedia and they already had an entry, made today, stating Molinari is the head coach at Western Illinois. That was fast!

I thought Molinari picked up the pieces after Monson left Minnesota and did a credible job the remainder of that season. Prior to the Minnesota job, Molinari had been the head coach at Northern Illinois and at Bradley University. Most recently, Molinari was an assistant at Ball State...that's where Western Illinois found him.

He's has good experience.
                      Sounds like another interesting coach added to the summit league. Sounds like a good hire for the Leathernecks
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Molinari got his first big break with DePaul where he was an assistant to both Ray and Joey Meyer back in the DePaul hay days of the eighties. He will have extensive connections to the Chicago market especially the huge Chicago market of Chicago Catholic schools. He will be a nice addition to the Summit League for WIU. He is also well known as being the highest quality person.

Comment

It was offical yesterday, I think this is a nice upgrade for WIU and the Summit League.

http://www.wiuathletics.com/ViewArti...ATCLID=1437527

Go State!

Comment

That does sound like a good hire. What is good for the Summit League is also good for SDSU.

Go State!!!
                            Go Jacks!!!
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                              That does sound like a good hire. What is good for the Summit League is also good for SDSU.

Go State!!!
                              Go Jacks!!!
                              Agreed. I wondered where he had ended up after leaving the U of Minn.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X