2008 - 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 - 2009

The future looks very bright for the SDSU Wrestling team. We placed 3 in regionals and with only lossing 3 seniors after this season. 2008 looks very good, as we will have the largest upper classmen team in awhile (Jr. and Sr.). With the returning wrestlers and new reruits coming in, it looks like SDSU Wrestling could be haded back to the good old days.
    MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
    http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
    http://gojacks.com

Re: 2008 - 2009

I hate to say it buy I disagree. I love the sport of wrestling and would like to think I know a thing or two about it. I am not a hater at all, but we stink. We have good talent, but I don't think they are working hard in the wrestling room. If we want to be successful, we need to not recruit in SD anymore. Walraven is good, but he is no where even close to where Derek Pirner was coming out of high school. We got him because of injury problems from UNL. We need to recruit Iowa, Missouri and Kansas hard. I personally think Liles has 1 more year to turn the program around, or he's out. He can't get the guys to work hard in the wrestling room or on the mat. You all know I love SDSU athletics, so I am not saying this to start up an uproar, I am just being a realist. As of now, We STINK.

Comment

How do you explain the state of the program considering the massive amount of injuries we had this past season?

Comment

I guess I would give Walraven the benefit of the doubt. He has won at least 2 maybe three straight state titles in class A which is harder than winning that many in class B. With Pirner I thought he would be a little better than he was...don't know if he didn't work hard or if he just wasn't good enough.

I still think we need to recruit SD as there are some good wrestlers in this state. Tyson Reiner from Mitchell won the 157 lb. championship wrestling for UNI. As is in all the other sports, SDSU needs to get the best of the best out of their home state.

I think we will be better next year, but don't think we will be all that much better. If Sorenson, Meyer, Everson, and Stripling can wrestle to their abilities I think we can have four national qualifiers and maybe one or two of the red shirts can come in and do something. The Aesoph kid from Watertown is a good wrestler and with a red shirt year could be capable of qualifying.

I think we have some wrestlers with potential to qualify for nationals, but none that will compete for all american status.

Comment

Working...
        X