Unofficial Summit League Beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial Summit League Beer

What should be the official unofficial beer of the Summit League? Here are the candidates from a scientific pre-poll, listed alphabetically. This isn't intended to be YOUR favorite brew...let's be objective! I have included a sampling of the big dogs and some of the smaller players.
    Boulevard
    12.50%
    Budweiser
    17.50%
    Coors
    7.50%
    Dixie
    0.00%
    Gluek
    0.00%
    Leinenkugel
    15.00%
    Miller
    5.00%
    Pabst Blue Ribbon
    5.00%
    Red Stripe
    0.00%
    Summit
    37.50%

The poll is expired.

Re: Unofficial Summit League Beer

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    What should be the official unofficial beer of the Summit League? Here are the candidates from a scientific pre-poll, listed alphabetically. This isn't intended to be YOUR favorite brew...let's be objective! I have included a sampling of the big dogs and some of the smaller players.
    it only makes sense to have summit as the Unofficial Summit League Beer!

Comment

Hey, just let me know which one. I'll drink any of them. I try not to discriminate beer.

Comment

I'll support any candidate on the list, except for Gluek. Yukkie.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Anybody ever tour the Budweiser factory in St. Louis? It was so beautiful, thousands and thousands of gallons of Budweiser and other fine Anheuser Busch products. Plus free samples after the tour. Quite the moving religious experience. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by State_fan View Post
            Anybody ever tour the Budweiser factory in St. Louis? It was so beautiful, thousands and thousands of gallons of Budweiser and other fine Anheuser Busch products. Plus free samples after the tour. Quite the moving religious experience. I highly recommend it.
            I went to the Budweiser factory in Ft. Collins. It was very emotional. Couldn't stop crying for days after the tour...What a magnificent piece of art.

Comment

I think the Summit Brewing Company could have a little fun as the unofficial sponsor of the league but there seems to be an understanding between breweries and college athletics (well, as I think about it, maybe not so much an understanding as a matter of common sense) that the two shall not be connected. That won't stop me from wearing a Summit cap or T-shirt.

Had to have Boulevard on the list...based in UMKC's town. And, Dixie (now a struggling brand) is down in the Centenary neighborhood. Gluek? Well, I guess because they sponsor Twins radio broadcasts (haven't tasted the stuff myself...something about having 'glue' in the name).

Comment

Red Stripe?

WTF???
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm not sure how to be objective and not vote for my favorite. The Summit League is not widely known but is striving to be the best. Why not pick a beer that is not nationally known but is already the best in the nation, Leinenkugels

Comment

-pbr-
                    MISSOURI VALLEY NATION
                    http://missourivalleyfootball.com

South Dakota State University
                    http://gojacks.com

Comment

Red Stripe -- because of their commercials!

Comment

I voted for Summit, however I would have included Smithwicks or Guinness. No fizzy, yellow water for me.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Mich Golden Light

Comment

Schells Premium Grainbelt

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUJack3031 View Post
                              Mich Golden Light
                              McGolden = The definition of fizzy water. Smoothie as the Minnesotans say. You can have all of them. Life is too short to drink light beer.

Best beer, tie, Guinness and Newcastle. Different styles, both done to perfection.

Hot summer day = Budweiser, in the can, straight out of an ice-filled cooler.

Summit EPA, drinkable, moderate hop, sublte malty finish, perfect beer for our league. I personally like the IPA better, more hop.

Gotta try it = Black Dog Ale from the Spanish Peaks brewery in Montana, nice hop, great malty finish. Pick up a six pack, you won't regret it.

I could go on-and-on, not time today. Smithwicks is great, Erdinger best Hefe, Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada best seasonal, Harp is a great lager.....
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X