2:30 pm: UMKC-WIU vs. SIU-IUPUI WOMEN
    6 pm: Centenary-ORU vs. IPFW-Southern Utah MEN
    8:30 pm: UMKC-IUPUI vs. WIU-Oakland MEN

Tuesday, Mar. 11
    2:30 pm: Summit League women's championship, on ESPNU
    6:00 pm: Summit League mens championship, on ESPN
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Summit League basketball tournaments

And I for one am much looking forward to the ESPNU announcers' line "and the best team in the league isn't even in the tournament this year . . . look out for South Dakota State next year, though . . . "

Oakland wins 60-49 over Centenary in the first Women's game.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

UMKC beats #2 seed WIU in the second women's game 62-55.

Wouldn't it be cool if they'd let the best team in the Summit League play in Tulsa this weekend? (Yeah, I know, NCAA and all that. . . )
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Saturday men's results:

ORU 84, Centenary 56
        IUPUI 69, UMKC 65.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Sunday's results:
          Women ...
          ORU 82, IPFW 67
          IUPUI 62, SUU 34

Men ...
          IPFW 66, Southern Utah 62
          Oakland 80, WIU 66
          Last edited by filbert; 03-10-2008, 06:12 PM. Reason: incorrect IUPUI-SUU women's score.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Monday's women's results:
            ORU 71, Oakland 61
            IUPUI 54, UMKC 42
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

For the men tonight:

ORU beat IPFW.

IUPUI up 7 early on.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Monday's women's results:
                ORU 71, Oakland 61
                IUPUI 54, UMKC 42
                So #4 vs #3 seeds. Looks like the Summit League tourney champ is likely to be a #16 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                  So #4 vs #3 seeds. Looks like the Summit League tourney champ is likely to be a #16 seed.
                  That likely would have been the case even had our #1 seed made it through the tournament.

Comment

Is anybody going to watch the women's game today? I'd like to hear what they say about SDSU but I think I'm not going to take vacation to hear it. I will watch the men's game tonight. I think those 2 teams will play a close/good game.

Comment

[QUOTE=91jack;79796]Is anybody going to watch the women's game today? I'd like to hear what they say about SDSU but I think I'm not going to take vacation to hear it. I will watch the men's game tonight. I think those 2 teams will play a close/good game.[/QUOTE

the women's game is on espnu right? I might go to cubbies and check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        That likely would have been the case even had our #1 seed made it through the tournament.
                        No, Oakland had an RPI about 110. At least 5 other conferences' best team were higher.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          I think the past couple of years SDSU's women have earned enough respect within the women's basketball community that they probably would have avoided a #16 seed. My guess would be probably a #15, since we didn't really have any marquee wins this year. We would definitely be one of those teams "that nobody wants to play."

It is true that the entire level of play in the Summit needs to improve in order to make it easier for the champion to get a seed much above a 14.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            I think the past couple of years SDSU's women have earned enough respect within the women's basketball community that they probably would have avoided a #16 seed. My guess would be probably a #15, since we didn't really have any marquee wins this year. We would definitely be one of those teams "that nobody wants to play."

It is true that the entire level of play in the Summit needs to improve in order to make it easier for the champion to get a seed much above a 14.
                            This was part of the issue for games this last year. MN/NE, SEC, MAC all avoided a game vs. Jacks (Ladies).

Summit League needs to start winning more OOC, and even the regular season champ didn't do a great job of that this year. Plenty of reasons, but doesn't help our SOS.

With that said, Jacks will be the team nobody wants to play, even in the WNIT.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              Is anybody going to watch the women's game today? I'd like to hear what they say about SDSU but I think I'm not going to take vacation to hear it. I will watch the men's game tonight. I think those 2 teams will play a close/good game.
                              Didn't get a chance to watch the game, but they did mention SDSU in the article on ORU winning. Did anybody watch the game?

League newcomer South Dakota State won the regular season title but wasn't eligible for the conference tournament while transitioning to Division I status.
                              http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=280710085

Comment

Working...
                              X