State GBB tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State GBB tourney

Watched bits and pieces of the tourney this evening. Saw a few minutes of Pauluch (sp?) and Lingle and I was pretty impressed. Lingle was in foul trouble but is 6'2 and moves pretty well. Pauluch is quick and moves well with the ball.

Also noticed Tara Heiser from Watertown in the earlier game against Brookings. She looked like a nice quick player with some good moves. I have no clue what year she is or what her plans are but she looks like she will make a good ballplayer at the next level.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: State GBB tourney

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
    Also noticed Tara Heiser from Watertown in the earlier game against Brookings. She looked like a nice quick player with some good moves. I have no clue what year she is or what her plans are but she looks like she will make a good ballplayer at the next level.
    Heiser has already verballed to play for the Jacks. She is a 2009 Grad which means she is currently a junior.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
      Heiser has already verballed to play for the Jacks. She is a 2009 Grad which means she is currently a junior.
      As are Paluch and Lingle.

Comment

That is what I was hoping. I knew about Pauluch and Lingle but just wasn't sure about Heiser. I looked around some of the recruiting threads but laziness took over after 15 minutes or so.

Its pretty cool to see that the cupboard is full in Jackrabbit land.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Vanessa Johnson, another SDSU recruit goes up against the Cossacks of Sioux Valley tonight. Sorry, I hope she does well but go Cossacks.

Comment

For those of you who can't see the games locally and want to get a look in at the future Jackrabbits playing this weekend you can go to sdpb.org and they are webcast.
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by boxerboy View Post
              Vanessa Johnson, another SDSU recruit goes up against the Cossacks of Sioux Valley tonight. Sorry, I hope she does well but go Cossacks.
              Ditto
              An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
              US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post
                Ditto
                She did and they did not. Stephanie Paluch had a put back as the buzzer sounded to lead Pierre over Watertown 36-34. Katie Lingle also plays for Pierre and Tara Heiser plays for Watertown.

Comment

If anybody is watching the AA 5th place game Brookings versus Yankton, am I crazy or has the female ref officiated SDSU games?

Comment

Originally posted by MacJack View Post
                    If anybody is watching the AA 5th place game Brookings versus Yankton, am I crazy or has the female ref officiated SDSU games?
                    Yes, Cami Becker from SF. I have seen her 3 times I believe. She does a lot of high school games in our area also. She did the Centenary or ORU game last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                      Yes, Cami Becker from SF. I have seen her 3 times I believe. She does a lot of high school games in our area also. She did the Centenary or ORU game last weekend.
                      One of the guys reffing that game also does some college games out in the hills (Mike Kirkeby--the taller, younger of the two guys). Not a bad crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                        One of the guys reffing that game also does some college games out in the hills (Mike Kirkeby--the taller, younger of the two guys). Not a bad crew.
                        FYI. The third and older ref was Gillas Stern of Freeman.

Comment

SDSU recruit Vanessa Johnson from West Central scored 70 points in three games and led WC to the Class "A" title. Vanessa also was awarded the "Spirit of Sue" award. Congratulations Vanessa.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post

She also did the NDSU game. She did a nice job, but none of the 3 games she did at Frost were real nail-biters, so it didn't tell me much.

It does make me wonder how the scheduling of officials works in the Summit though.

Go Jacks!!
                            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Iowa State bound Alexis Yackley led Sully Buttes to it's second straight Class "B" championship. She was awarded the "Spirit of Sue" award also.

Comment

Working...
                              X