Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New anti-IUPUI chant

"You Can't Read That!!!"
    (Scroll down a ways, the story isn't formatted very well)
    Keith John Sampson never thought he could get in trouble for reading a book, especially not on a college campus. But that’s what happened. Sampson is a man in his early 50s. He does janitorial work for the campus facility services at IUPUI, where he’s been gradually accumulating credits for a degree in communications studies. He has 10 credit hours to go.
    Note--yeah, it's potentially political, but from what I can glean the story, it's sufficiently ridiculous as to be almost self-smacking for IUPUI.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: New anti-IUPUI chant

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    "You Can't Read That!!!"
    (Scroll down a ways, the story isn't formatted very well)

Note--yeah, it's potentially political, but from what I can glean the story, it's sufficiently ridiculous as to be almost self-smacking for IUPUI.
    Hello moonbats!

Comment

Wow. Just wow. This is the country we live in and love. Amazing.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

That is amazing. Unfortunately, I can attest to the fact that that type of thinking is not limited to outside the borders of SD.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Perhaps the next time they come to Brookings, we can have a pre-game book barbeque!
          I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

I hope for all concerned that the end result is an apology to the janitor/student for the unreasonable reaction of the co-workers, based on ignorance of the subject of the book, and the unreasonable demand of the IUPUI Affirmative Action Office.

Gather the facts first before you go off half-cocked.

Comment

I went back to the article again and just noticed that they had links to the letters that were sent. I personally feel that the second letter is a half-hearted attempt at trying to back-track.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                I hope for all concerned that the end result is an apology to the janitor/student for the unreasonable reaction of the co-workers, based on ignorance of the subject of the book, and the unreasonable demand of the IUPUI Affirmative Action Office.

Gather the facts first before you go off half-cocked.
                But if you're acting in the name of "political correctness", you can afford to go off half-cocked with half-truths. It's the only philosophy where you don't have to be accountable because "you care."
                I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                  But if you're acting in the name of "political correctness", you can afford to go off half-cocked with half-truths. It's the only philosophy where you don't have to be accountable because "you care."
                  I agree -- It sometimes seems like some can "afford" to say something stupid but nearly everyone who reads about the situation will right away side with the guy reading the book. The court of public opinion will judge the accusers harshly on this one. I agree with a prior post that it seems the second letter was an attempt to back away from the initial demand and to leave the school some room to maneuver away from this matter.

Comment

Working...
                  X