Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailey hired as quarterbacks coach

From gojacks.com:

South Dakota State University head coach John Stiegelmeier announced Wednesday that Don Bailey will join the Jackrabbit football coaching staff as quarterbacks coach.

Bailey will bring more than a decade of offensive coaching experience in the Division I Football Championship Subdivision ranks to the Jackrabbit football program. He spent the past season at Weber State University (Utah), where he coached the wide receivers.

more...
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Re: Bailey hired as quarterbacks coach

Looks like a good hire. Great credentials.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Actually, it looks like a REALLY good hire . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        Looks like a good hire. Great credentials.
        I was thinking the same. Its nice bringing a coach in from the FBS rather than losing one to it for a change.

Welcome to the Jackrabbits Mr. Bailey!

Comment

I agree....looks like an excellent hire. Has been a few places and been very successful. Experience as a WR coach also. Welcome Coach Bailey.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
          http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Some one had mentioned that Coach Stig had said at a booster meeting that 140 applicants had been received. There has to be a very good one in there somewhere. Lets hope we can hang on to Coach Bailey for a long time.
            Last edited by Nidaros; 03-07-2008, 08:33 AM.

Comment

http://www.weberstatesports.com/View...&Q_SEASON=2007

Comment

From the link (BYU Dated 9/21/07)

"We were extremely fortunate to get Coach Bailey when we did. He brings a wealth of experience to our program. He’s been at several different schools on several different levels so he’s been exposed to a lot of football knowledge from many sources. The aspect which is most impressive about him is that where ever he’s been, the program experience success. He’s really positive in everything he does and I look forward to having him on the staff."

Sounds like a good hire, the only question I have is how long will he be here. Seems like he never stays in one place for more than a season or two and in the case of BYU only 5 months. I think I'd prefer a little continuity in the program rather than a one or two year fix. Guess we'll see what happens...

Comment

I'm with you Jacks-02, I hope we are not just a quick stop along the way. But, even if we are, he still looks like a good hire and I'm sure has connections around the U.S. that may help fill the remaining scholarships we have.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

December 23, 2008
                    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

- yawn -
                      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                        - yawn -
                        If there's a problem come right out and say it or PM me.

Looking at the guy's track record I don't think he'll be on staff by Christmas last year. I've seen it in the past. We had a GA when I played that came on in January and was gone by April. Some coaches do that. They look for jobs to help them get the next best job. SDSU is a good stepping stone if the Jacks have a good season next year. Do I hope he's a good addition and sticks around, yes. Do I think he will, no.

There I said it. Too bad not everyone on this board says what they are really thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post

Looking at the guy's track record I don't think he'll be on staff by Christmas last year. I've seen it in the past. We had a GA when I played that came on in January and was gone by April. Some coaches do that. They look for jobs to help them get the next best job. SDSU is a good stepping stone if the Jacks have a good season next year. Do I hope he's a good addition and sticks around, yes. Do I think he will, no.

There I said it. Too bad not everyone on this board says what they are really thinking.
                          Maybe this could be a good thing, meaning looking for a better job. His longest stay on the job was at Montana State under Coach Kramer. Kramer won games, but he also had off campus problems that let to his down fall and firing. Its probably not fair to hang this on the assistants, but they are part of the staff. Knowing Stig, I am sure he check out the cupablity if there was any of his chosen candidate. Coach Bailey probably was an innocent bystander but also he had to have had a part of the recruiting function and that is what bothers me a little. Otherwise, we hope he loves cold weather and finds somplace special a good place to raise a family.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post

My bad, I was tired and read the date you wrote down wrong. I know you are not a fan of Stig's on most levels and I thought your intent was different.

I also am wary of whether Coach Bailey will be here long or not. It seems to me that circumstances may have played a part in some of his moving around, but it is still something to keep in mind. Hopefully he was voir dired (thanks My Cousin Vinny) as to his intent and those responsible for making the decision know what they are getting.
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                              My bad, I was tired and read the date you wrote down wrong. I know you are not a fan of Stig's on most levels and I thought your intent was different.

I also am wary of whether Coach Bailey will be here long or not. It seems to me that circumstances may have played a part in some of his moving around, but it is still something to keep in mind. Hopefully he was voir dired (thanks My Cousin Vinny) as to his intent and those responsible for making the decision know what they are getting.
                              No worries. No harm meant toward Stig. I've succumbed to the fact that he's the coach (after all these years) and hope for him to assemble the best staff possible. Problem is that most coaches that aren't from "around here" don't stick around here for long. It's tough moving to Brookings if family is involved for coaches.

Comment

Working...
                              X