• Show
Clear All

• New Mascot Poll

I like it.
    98.86%
    I don't like it.
    1.14%

Re: New Mascot Poll

I particularly like the wordmark (Jacks) and the bunny head with the Jackrabbits underneath it. All are very good, though.

The student reaction at the unveiling was very positive from what I could gather.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I like them all a lot.

'nuf said.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
        I particularly like the wordmark (Jacks) and the bunny head with the Jackrabbits underneath it. All are very good, though.

The student reaction at the unveiling was very positive from what I could gather.
        The word mark is awesome. The 'headshot' is alright could. Not thrilled with that but the other 2 make up for it. The university is still keeping the interlocking SD right?
        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Alas, the unveiling is upon us. I’m sure that none of us expected that designing and choosing a new logo would take as long as it did. However, I am glad that the university and the members of the voting committee took their time on making sure that the logo(s) were appropriate for South Dakota State and SDSU athletics. I am more than satisfied with the new designs. For those who dislike the new design, I’m sure it will grow on you.

Comment

I would be interested to see the new logo design with the full rabbit in a stretched-out/in-stride look. That versus the one above where the feet are within the body. Anyone else have the same thought?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
              The university is still keeping the interlocking SD right?
              I don't have any sources, but I would say that they are keeping the interlocking SD since they just repainted the court this year with a huge 'SD' in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                I would be interested to see the new logo design with the full rabbit in a stretched-out/in-stride look. That versus the one above where the feet are within the body. Anyone else have the same thought?
                I had the same thought too, personally I like the head shot the best. I wonder if they will have any modifications in the near future, such as the stretched out body. There are endless possibilities for designs that use this same rabbit body.

Comment

Not completely sold yet on the "Jacks" mark but they all look pretty good to me.

Not as good as my own design, of course . . .
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I do like all the designs, but I can't honestly see any of them looking good on our fb helmets, especially given the "traditional" look of our fb uniforms. Hopefully we won't see the strech SD go away from football helmets.

Go Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

The middle logo (rabbit head profile shot) is an absolute slam dunk.

Comment

I agree with propar on this one. I hope the SD logo on the helmets stays. The new uniforms and the simple design of the overall look is sharp to me. I do like the headshot rabbit though. That one is my favorite, but they are all great.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by sfsd View Post
                          The middle logo (rabbit head profile shot) is an absolute slam dunk.
                          I agree, I like that one the best.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The Jacks logo would look good on the front of baseball and softball caps, golf visors, and maybe the sides of swimming caps. Anywhere a rectangular logo would look better than a square one(the SD) and the logo would be too small to make out details(the new rabbit logos).

Comment

i can't wait to get to see some of the new stuff in the Bookstore.

Comment

Working...
                              X