Don't know where this belongs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't know where this belongs...

For spring break some friends and I are going to the Black Hills and we are going to rent a cabin. Any ideas of where to rent a cabin or any other ideas?

Re: Don't know where this belongs...

Originally posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    For spring break some friends and I are going to the Black Hills and we are going to rent a cabin. Any ideas of where to rent a cabin or any other ideas?
    www.blackhillsexecutivelodging.com

I would HIGHLY recommend this site. We have rented from them in the past and they are absoulutely beautiful cabins. The intial price per night might shock you but if you do the math and split the cost between everyone involved, it is a no brainer. Especially considering the amentities that you get by staying in these places.

There are other sites listed on Deadwood's official website: http://www.deadwood.org/Lodging/

PM me if you have any specific questions about the renting process.

Comment

Originally posted by NDSUstudent View Post
      Check out www.vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner). I just went through that website to find a place in Montana. You can usually get a place a little cheaper than if you go through a booking agency like black hills executive lodging. When are you coming out? I assume your coming to Deadwood/Terry Peak in the Northern Hills? Not much to do in the Southern Hills.

Heck, for the right price you and your buddies can rent my basement. I probably even have enough SDSU sweatshirts for everyone to wear as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
        Check out www.vrbo.com (vacation rental by owner). I just went through that website to find a place in Montana. You can usually get a place a little cheaper than if you go through a booking agency like black hills executive lodging. When are you coming out? I assume your coming to Deadwood/Terry Peak in the Northern Hills? Not much to do in the Southern Hills.

Heck, for the right price you and your buddies can rent my basement. I probably even have enough SDSU sweatshirts for everyone to wear as well!
        We are coming 03 March - 09 March. Thanks for the website! And thanks for the emergency firestarters.

Comment

Reminds me of one North Dakota spring break story from college days...this is about UND, not NDSU.

One Monday afternoon in March at SDSU's track practice, five guys from UND's track team showed up and asked if they could workout with us. We said 'sure' and it was okay with our coach, Jay Dirksen. The UND guys were pretty good guys (a little slow as runners but otherwise good guys) and I was talking to one of their 800 meter runners I knew from competition. I asked what they were doing in Brookings and he said they decided to go south for their spring break.

He was serious.

I think that was the first time I thought about how cold it was in Grand Forks.

Comment

Got a GREAT chuckle from that JackJD!! Just proves how everything, including the weather and termperatures are all relative.

Comment

Wife and I are ditching the 3 kids and heading to Spearfish Canyon Lodge Thursday. Plan to snowmobile, ski, and do what parents with 3 kids under the age of 6 do when they don't have kids around.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Wife and I are ditching the 3 kids and heading to Spearfish Canyon Lodge Thursday. Plan to snowmobile, ski, and do what parents with 3 kids under the age of 6 do when they don't have kids around.
                Sleep??????

Comment

Originally posted by m11jacks View Post
                  Sleep??????
                  Priceless M11!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by m11jacks View Post
                    Sleep??????
                    Thank you!!!
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Got 3 under 5, so I know how you feel, especially as I was taking the newbie for a road trip at 3:30 this morning.

Comment

Working...
                      X