Football Banquet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Banquet

The annual football banquet is this Sunday, Feb 10th. Will be great seeing all the guys and coaches together for the last time and giving the Seniors a big THANK YOU for all the fun, excitment and pride they have given us during there career at SDSU. Also looking forward to tipping my hat to the 2007 Great West Football Champions and the GWFC Coach of the Year - Coach Stig

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: Football Banquet

Anybody have the time and cost of a seat at the banquet?

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE View Post
      Anybody have the time and cost of a seat at the banquet?
      It's 2:00 p.m. Sunday and $30 for dinner. You may want to call the AD and see if you can secure a reservation.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabid View Post
        It's 2:00 p.m. Sunday and $30 for dinner. You may want to call the AD and see if you can secure a reservation.
        thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabid View Post
          I would think you need to call the ticket office or the football coach. I believe the AD would have bigger fish to fry.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
            I would think you need to call the ticket office or the football coach. I believe the AD would have bigger fish to fry.
            Just a guess, but I would bet he meant the athletic department (AD).
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
              Just a guess, but I would bet he meant the athletic department (AD).
              Good guess, besides fry cooks aren't nearly as busy as everybody thinks.

Comment

The scholar athlete was kicker Parker Douglas.

The Adam Vinatieri Special Teams Award went to punt returner Paul Annonson.

The Adam Timmerman offensive MVP was lineman Mitch Erickson.

The Doug Miller defensive mvp was linebacker Justin Kubesh. He also received the Josh Ranek effort award.

The Jim Langer team MVP award went to running back Corey Koenig.

Nice time...very well attended...more success meant more awards...

Comment

Originally posted by newser View Post
                  The scholar athlete was kicker Parker Douglas.

The Adam Vinatieri Special Teams Award went to punt returner Paul Annonson.

The Adam Timmerman offensive MVP was lineman Mitch Erickson.

The Doug Miller defensive mvp was linebacker Justin Kubesh. He also received the Josh Ranek effort award.

The Jim Langer team MVP award went to running back Corey Koenig.

Nice time...very well attended...more success meant more awards...
                  Who won the Scoutie Awards so we know who to watch out for next fall?

Comment

From the press release from www.gojacks.com:

In addition, the team honored three players on the scout team for their efforts: redshirt freshman defensive lineman Jared Crumly, Hartington, Neb.; freshman offensive lineman Woody Orne, Fairfield, Iowa, and freshman defensive back Anthony Wise, The Colony, Texas, for special teams.

Comment

i believe that is the second year in a row for jared crumly

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                        i believe that is the second year in a row for jared crumly
                        I find it odd that Jared would be scout player of the year on defense last year and still be on the scout team again the following year while other D-linemen in his class advanced out of the scout team category?

Comment

who says your supposed to be on scout team for only one year?

Comment

Originally posted by ausbesticide View Post
                            who says your supposed to be on scout team for only one year?
                            What I was and am saying is that I find it odd that you would be a scout team player two years in a row. I would think if you were the scout team player of the year your first year that you certainly wouldn't be on the scout team the next year. I have never heard of anyone at any school being scout player two years in a row.

This is not mean't to be anything other than an observation. Certainly not a denigration of the young man who was rewarded with a significant award.

Comment

I don't know the ins and outs of a football program but I don't find it odd at all for a player to be on the scout team 2 years in a row. Especially since last year was his redshirt year and this year he's a RSFr. I would argue if you aren't on the two-deep roster then you are eligible to fill a roll on the scout team.

Comment

Working...
                              X