Winter Workouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Workouts

Any news on how Winter conditioning is going for the Jacks as they prepare for Spring Ball? I hope that Coach Moe is making improvements with the players. It would be good to see a dramatic increase in those attaining Iron Jack status when they test before Spring Practice.

I'm sure it is to early to set a date for the actual Spring Scrimmage. I do hope however they again have it in Sioux Falls like they did last year.

If anyone has any insights I would like to hear them.

Re: Winter Workouts

Originally posted by jackrabid View Post
    Any news on how Winter conditioning is going for the Jacks as they prepare for Spring Ball? I hope that Coach Moe is making improvements with the players. It would be good to see a dramatic increase in those attaining Iron Jack status when they test before Spring Practice.

I'm sure it is to early to set a date for the actual Spring Scrimmage. I do hope however they again have it in Sioux Falls like they did last year.

If anyone has any insights I would like to hear them.
    The spring game was at CAS last year.

Comment

From what I have heard off season work outs are going very well. A few of the players are still not at full speed or strength yet because of some minor off season surguries and nicks from this past season. Coach Moe does a great job with these guys. Spirits are high and they are getting ready for the Gateway...

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

i heard that stefan geissler and scott gillen are currently not participating in conditioning due to injury.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
          The spring game was at CAS last year.
          What was I watching at Howard Wood Field last Spring?

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan View Post
            From what I have heard off season work outs are going very well. A few of the players are still not at full speed or strength yet because of some minor off season surguries and nicks from this past season. Coach Moe does a great job with these guys. Spirits are high and they are getting ready for the Gateway...

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!!
            You seem to have some inside news. Any new beasts in the weightroom that we will hear about next Fall?

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabid View Post
              What was I watching at Howard Wood Field last Spring?
              From what I remember there were two "spring games" last year. One in Brookings and one in SF. I believe the one in SF was run more like a scrimmage open to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                From what I remember there were two "spring games" last year. One in Brookings and one in SF. I believe the one in SF was run more like a scrimmage open to the public.
                I believe that is correct. The SF event was simply a scrimmage that was preceded by a youth clinic. The Spring Game was held at CAS at the conclusion of spring camp.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Now that the recruiting period is all but over it will be interesting to see how many "Iron Jacks" emerge from winter workouts. I'm hoping to see improvements in both the number of players qualifying and new standards being set. As we begin our first year of eligibility for post season play we'll need to see continued improvements in these areas. For me this is one of the best indicators that we are truly improving the quality of athlete coming into the program.

Comment

the coaches should have the boys run to the top of the camponille for some conditioning. That would be some tough runnin'

Comment

Obviously no one knows how the lads are doing in winter conditioning. We'll just have to wait till Spring Ball to see who is emerging as the worthy successors of those we are losing via graduation.

Comment

Working...
                      X