Wrestlers Get Screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestlers Get Screwed

This tidbit was included with the women's BB article about the WNIC tournament in the Argus.

Victories Taken Away
    By Terry Vandrovec
    tvandrovec@argusleader.com
    PUBLISHED: January 29, 2008

Sitting at 0-6 heading into Saturday's duals against Dakota Wesleyan and Wyoming, the SDSU wrestling team has essentially been stripped of some individual victories.

The NCAA recently announced that the results of the Cliff Keen Invitational in Las Vegas will not be considered during the Division I tournament selection or seeding process because required skin checks were not conducted at the December event.

As a result, two quality wins each earned by SDSU championship qualifying candidates Adam Everson and Ryan Meyer have been rendered moot - and through no fault of their own.

Said Jacks coach Jason Liles: "I did talk to someone and they said that if you get in that situation again where you're at a tournament where they don't have skin checks, that you make sure you complain."

Re: Wrestlers Get Screwed

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    This tidbit was included with the women's BB article about the WNIC tournament in the Argus.

[/color]
    [/color]

So let's penalize the student-athlete??? That does make sense...if you're the NCAA.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      So let's penalize the student-athlete??? That does make sense...if you're the NCAA.

Go Jacks!!
      The NCAA will remedy this problem as soon as they get done stripping USC of their National Title and Reggie Bush of his Heisman because of the outright corruption involving Reggie and the Bush family his senior year...Come to think of it maybe it's a little easier to make an example of some student athletes in South Dakota because they didn't have their skin tested at a Wrestling Tournament?

I swear I'd rather drag my fingernails over an ice cold chalkboard in Brookings, than to hear yet another story about those incompetent asses running the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabid View Post
        The NCAA will remedy this problem as soon as they get done stripping USC of their National Title and Reggie Bush of his Heisman because of the outright corruption involving Reggie and the Bush family his senior year...Come to think of it maybe it's a little easier to make an example of some student athletes in South Dakota because they didn't have their skin tested at a Wrestling Tournament?

I swear I'd rather drag my fingernails over an ice cold chalkboard in Brookings, than to hear yet another story about those incompetent asses running the NCAA.
        I agree with the sentiment, while pointing out that neither the BCS Championship nor the Heisman are to my knowledge actually run by the NCAA itself.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          I agree with the sentiment, while pointing out that neither the BCS Championship nor the Heisman are to my knowledge actually run by the NCAA itself.
          Not run but certainly they have the authority to sanction a school and to even make them forfiet an entire season if there are serious enough infractions. That would include their BCS title also.

Granted not having ones skin tested (God knows a plague of ringworm could cripple civilization much on the order of the Black Death) is a far more serious and punishable offense, than the accepting of thousands of dollars in gratuities and cash for a Heisman Trophy winner and his family.

As long as you have morons in charge of anything you will undoubtedly reap the benefits of their incompetency. Now excuse me as I pound my head on the desk.

Comment

The problem with the NCAA is that they have as many regulations as the IRS...the possibility of making a mistake somewhere along the line is virtually impossible....and just like taxes...some cheat
            Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
            Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
            X