Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Recruit?

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...1270338/0/NEWS

Click the link above for a nice story from Stu about a young lady from DeSmet who aspires to play basketball for SDSU.
    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Re: 2015 Recruit?

Originally posted by Walrus View Post

Click the link above for a nice story from Stu about a young lady from DeSmet who aspires to play basketball for SDSU.
    I read this story this morning and even e-mailed Stu and thanked him for the story. Like I told him, the last thing I thought I would be doing this morning was fighting back tears reading a story about a girls basketball player.

Comment

There was also a nice story in there about Natalie Carda battling the effects of MS. In there they commented that she noticed some symptoms dating back to her days at SDSU. I wish the best of luck to Natalie, she really seems to have a great attitude about what the disease really means and how she can go about educating those around her.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

I thought both stories were about courage and were eye openers to me. I had no knowledge of the young lady from Desmet, and I live only about 20 miles away. Maybe some of us will regret taking some swipes at Carda for transferring to USD and her non factor playing skills now that the health problems she is facing are now out in the open. I wish Natilie the best and I hope Cylie's cancer will be at least arrested so that she can live to be a 2015 recruit. The odds are probably not in Cylie's favor.

Comment

Two articles that represent the best that a newspaper has to offer.

I know this is not going to change a lot of the views about Stu, but he can be a very decent guy when he wants to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Walrus View Post

Everyone who comes to the game on Saturday, keep your eyes out for this girl. She attended the girls practice today and she should be a Junior Jack on Saturday. I EXPECT all of you to stand up and cheer for her (and for me because I won't be able to be there) when she's out there. She's an amazing young girl! She should be sitting on the bench during the game so you can't miss her!

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              . . . .and I hope Cylie's cancer will be at least arrested so that she can live to be a 2015 recruit. The odds are probably not in Cylie's favor.
              I'm quite sure that this is one time when Nidaros would love to be wrong. I don't know any of the specifics of Cylie's case. However, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, which oncologists consult for current standards of care, reports that with current multi-modality treatment that nearly three-fourths of patients diagnosed with osteosarcoma will be cured. I hope that Cylie is in that majority.
              Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Keloland will have a story on the news tonight
                We...ARE...STATE!
                SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Cylie Inspires SDSU Women's Team

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,66246

Click the link for a story on the KELO site
                  An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                  US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Here is the story from the CBS Evening News.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n3839411.shtml

And another from Keloland

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6162.cfm?Id=0,66452

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
                      I'm quite sure that this is one time when Nidaros would love to be wrong. I don't know any of the specifics of Cylie's case. However, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, which oncologists consult for current standards of care, reports that with current multi-modality treatment that nearly three-fourths of patients diagnosed with osteosarcoma will be cured. I hope that Cylie is in that majority.
                      Thanks for the information. I have grown up in an age when cancer has nearly equated death in meaning. I also realize there are new breakthroughs and people often are in remission and live for years. One person who I grew up with and well known at SDSU, namely Bob Shelden had Hodgkins disease and died at the age of 21. Now days this type of cancer has treatment possibilites that were not available in 1962, the year Bob died. He was a real gentleman and a great athlete. Yes I do hope Cylie is in the majority and I am wrong. Life is precious.

Comment

There is another story on KELO about Cylie. They found another tumor on her leg that was removed. She will another round of Chemo. We wish you the best.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                          There is another story on KELO about Cylie. They found another tumor on her leg that was removed. She will another round of Chemo. We wish you the best.
                          My prayers go out to this special young lady and hoping a quick recovery for her...

Comment

Working...
                          X