New Baseball Field?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Baseball Field?

Are the Jacks getting a new baseball field? If so, can someone fill me in on the details such as when it will be finished or the design.

Re: New Baseball Field?

It is just to the north of the double football practice fields. There is a wood fence up around the field that is blue and a scoreboard. No dugouts or seating as of the last time I drove by.

It will be diamond shaped
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

There used to be a page on gojacks.com that had all the drawings for the new facility, but the page is blank now, it might be up later. It should be under Athletic Development then Facility Projects, if they update page.

Comment

Originally posted by JackatHeart11 View Post
        Are the Jacks getting a new baseball field? If so, can someone fill me in on the details such as when it will be finished or the design.
        The Jacks will be playing at the new Huether Field this year. Not sure if the chairbacks will be in this season but they should be for sure by next year. They practiced there last fall and the field itself is in beautiful shape.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
          It will be diamond shaped
          Smart aleck

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I try from time to time!
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

My wife and I are kinda new to Jackrabbit baseball, as we've never been to a game, but this year we are really looking forward to getting to a few games!

I hear there's nothing like the view from the cheap seats.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

My friend who tried out for the team told me this....

They are done with first of 3 stages.... The diamond is done and is playable and they will play on it this year..

stage 2 is for the seating..... Right now they will just have bleachers there but hopefully before next year they will have the grandstand completely done with chair back seats..

stage 3 is for landscaping and other pretty pretty stuff they want to put around the place...... such as trees and make it look nice, and if I understood correctly they plan to be charging by then so ticket booths and other things that will allow for that to be in place would be added then also....

Comment

Dang ... I sure hope I can make it to a game or two at The Erv this spring.
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Just drove by the field about 10 minutes ago.. the dugouts were almost finished and it looks like they've started putting up a scoreboard. looks like its going to be a nice place to play ball

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                      Just drove by the field about 10 minutes ago.. the dugouts were almost finished and it looks like they've started putting up a scoreboard. looks like its going to be a nice place to play ball
                      Good to hear! I haven't been by there in awhile...at least in the daytime.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by mmiller_34 View Post
                        Awesome, we were there about a month ago and the dugouts were just as they were left last fall. As for the scoreboard......it was up last year. Very plain with no advertising. Has that changed? Can't wait for the chairbacks and so forth. Gonna be great to have a nice field on campus. Now Reggie needs to get the boys going!! GO JACKS!!!!!!!

Comment

Does anyone have an idea how much it would cost to put in the chairback seats. Perhaps we can start a fundraising campaign on SDSUFans.com and get the grandstand built sooner rather than later!

Comment

Don't have any idea but I do know the chairbacks are "due" to go in by 2009. I am all up for raising funds for baseball

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                              Awesome, we were there about a month ago and the dugouts were just as they were left last fall. As for the scoreboard......it was up last year. Very plain with no advertising. Has that changed? Can't wait for the chairbacks and so forth. Gonna be great to have a nice field on campus. Now Reggie needs to get the boys going!! GO JACKS!!!!!!!
                              ... yeah about that scoreboard.. not sure exactly. there are a bunch of tall beams behind the outfield. i just assumed they were putting up a nice lookin scoreboard (kinda like what they have at bob sheldon now) but i suppose ill have to swing by for a 2nd look

Comment

Working...
                              X