News regarding the Dykhouse Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News regarding the Dykhouse Center

Good article by TV. I don't know how to make these posts for articles look pretty like BTown does, but here is the story.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...12/1002/SPORTS

Anyone on the board that would like to part with $6M???

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: News regarding the Dykhouse Center

Originally posted by propar80 View Post

Anyone on the board that would like to part with $6M???
    With the proposed rebate from the U.S. Government which I heard is between $300-$800 how many people could donate this money to the project or at least to SDSU? I am sure donating is not for everyone but for those looking to invest, what a better way than to invest in SDSU. I hope the Foundation has a plan in place to attract donations from this.
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

So, does anybody know if we will be able to contribute to the center specifically? I think I have a hunch to do that. I'm not a big-buck maker, not even really a guy who throws much money at athletics. But I believe this is needed so badly ... I'm a big believer in what it could do for our program. I know I could give to the athletic department or the foundation, but I'd prefer to give to THIS project. And what's more, they don't have to name so much as a hook in a locker after me. Woooo! Thoughts?
      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
        So, does anybody know if we will be able to contribute to the center specifically? I think I have a hunch to do that. I'm not a big-buck maker, not even really a guy who throws much money at athletics. But I believe this is needed so badly ... I'm a big believer in what it could do for our program. I know I could give to the athletic department or the foundation, but I'd prefer to give to THIS project. And what's more, they don't have to name so much as a hook in a locker after me. Woooo! Thoughts?
        I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing if you sent a check with a letter saying "use this for the Dykhouse Center" you'd get a nice letter back saying "thanks, we sure will!"

Just a guess . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing if you sent a check with a letter saying "use this for the Dykhouse Center" you'd get a nice letter back saying "thanks, we sure will!"

Just a guess . . .
          I believe Dana has one of his goals in addition to the gift donation, that he will personally call all living letter winners in football and ask for a donation. So if he is going to do that then it follows that any gift would be accepted for the facility. If thats what you tell the foundation, they have to follow suit, but I think every gift even as small as a dollar is more than welcome.

Comment

Wonder if Dana will have time to make those calls, with all the work he has going on with the development of the SF sports facility
            "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
            -Leo Rosten

Comment

Any word on whether any new large donations have come in and status if groundbreaking will take place this spring?

Comment

WOW!!

I can't even believe that we have two morons in our State govt' that would be dumb enough to do this!! Even worse, Brock Greenfield represents the county that I grew up in!!

http://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

Here are is where you can drop these "haters" a message.
                http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...erDetail18.htm

http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/2007/mbrdt607.htm

I'll add one more. These are the 3 that voted it down on the floor. This guys represents Minnehaha! It passed 30-3 bTW
                http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/2000/mbrdt70.htm

I've already made a few calls to people in my hometown in regards, believe me coming from a small SD town as a lot us have, it will spread like wildfire!!
                100% donated funds and we've got two guys out there that don't think it's a good idea, are you S#$TING me??

Go Jacks!!
                Last edited by propar80; 02-21-2008, 10:47 AM.
                SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

FYI Ryan Maher was the second guy who voted no.

http://legis.state.sd.us/sessions/20...erDetail83.htm

(Both links pointed to Brock Greenfield)

And yes, those are the dumbest two votes I have ever seen.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think it is embarassing to see our own state legislators attempting to slow down the progress of the state's largest university. Attracting the best and brightest students and student-athletes to SDSU is the goal, not hindering the expansion and influence that SDSU can have on a regional and national level. I truly believe that facilities play a role when student athletes decide where to enroll. This isn't just about the athletics. It shows a lack of commitment on the part of these two legislators to the overall excellence of our state's largest higher learning institution. Its really sad. I am not so sure about the Isabel area, but I know that District 6 is Jackrabbit country through and through. Brock Greenfield's constituency is in Brookings' immediate surrounding area. We need to let these guys know what we think of this vote.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Here is how it broke down. Greenfield and Smidt voted nay in committee. Greenfield, Koetzle and Maher voted nay on the floor. The bill passes 30 to 3, what the hell is going on in Pierre. I have already emailed Greenfield and recommend everyone else do so. I will let you know what I hear back, if anything. Smidt was smart enough to vote for the bill on the floor.
                      Last edited by SFJACK; 02-21-2008, 09:17 PM.

Comment

"Tell me again why we went Division One..." That one takes the fricken cake. Replicating facilities? These homers don't have a clue. Incredibly misinformed, and yet they're the ones making major financial decisions AT THE STATE level, on projects that they aren't even paying for? God help us. Apparently attention to our universities at the national level is a bad thing. Apparently growth is a bad thing. Fricken stupid.

Comment

Unbelievable. Gotta love when politicians put their personal feelings and unresearched opinions over anything else.

By the way, a district in the City of Milwaukee just voted a candidate past the primary. That candidate happens to be currently incarcerated without bail for various crimes (both federal and state) committed while in office. Sorry, this isn't exactly football related, but I had to post it.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=720069
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Brock makes a lot of bad decisions but somehow manages to hem and haw is way back into the legislature. Its time District 6 dumps Brock. Not just based on this issue alone, either.

I sent him a brief note expressing my disappointment. However, having known Brock for 30 plus years I doubt he'll pay it much attention. He is reminding more and more of a Republican version of Frank Kloucek.

If anyone knows who might be running against Brock when he comes up for reelection please let me know. I'll be happy to support their campaign in any way.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Anyone having trouble getting the audio link to work in Terry's story about this? Keeps sending me to a page that has some jibberish on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X