Northern State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern State

Friday Night at 7:00 Northern comes to Frost for a home duel. For those in Brookings for the weekend. Come check out a wrestling match, it might not be your cup of tea but try it once.

Re: Northern State

I hear the match may be the debut of a new heavyweight.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
      I hear the match may be the debut of a new heavyweight.
      I think I know who you mean

Comment

ttp://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

Well, I guess Terry heard the same thing. It looks like Mitch Pontrelli will take it to the mat in his last semester of school.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
          ttp://blogs.argusleadermedia.com/sports/category/sdsu/

Well, I guess Terry heard the same thing. It looks like Mitch Pontrelli will take it to the mat in his last semester of school.
          Mitch is an animal who could make some noise at the regional.

Comment

With all the injuries, and the decision to redshirt Jason Stripling (which is great and I believe will pay big dividends for him and for us), it's time Coach Liles caught a break. I know he worked hard on getting Mitch out. While it will take a little time for Mitch to adjust, I suspect it won't take too long and he will be a strong competitor. Thanks Mitch...look forward to watching you wrestle tomorrow night!!

Comment

Mitch got a win at Hwt but we fell to NSU. That kind of sucks.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

That was SDSU's first ever dual loss to NSU.

Comment

It was a tough loss for the team and the coaches. While Coach Liles tried to juggle the lineup to fill the injury-gaps, Pat Timm's wrestlers performed well. Besides not having competitors at several weight classes, the team has really been depleted by injuries. Two late fill-ins, at 197 a wrestler out of school for five years and just practicing now for three weeks, managed not to get pinned, and Mitch Pontrelli, with just three practices prior to Friday night's match, won and looked good -- helped some. Pat has done a good job in building the Northern program, and they came down with a lot of fans, so congratulations to him.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...DEO04/80119001

Video Highlights of the Duel. Nice view of Jacks#1 during the video.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
                      http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...DEO04/80119001

Video Highlights of the Duel. Nice view of Jacks#1 during the video.
                      Good looking dude, that (just kidding!)

Comment

Working...
                      X