Ever see a real one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever see a real one?

I shot these on the way home from the Southern Utah game and then never got around to posting them. Not sure if they belong in Football or Around South Dakota. Sorry about the small size. I couldn't figure out how to make them show up bigger. Click the thumbnails.

[ATTACH]36[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]37[/ATTACH]
    An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
    US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Re: Ever see a real one?

Where were those located, Walrus? Over the years, I've seen a few at various places along the border. There's one at the border just east of I-29...drive toward the convenience store which is part of the Dakota Sioux gambling facility. When you come to the convenience store turnoff from the county highway (east-west that intersects I-29), you'll see the marker on the south side of the county road. It's not standing real straight.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Where were those located, Walrus? Over the years, I've seen a few at various places along the border. There's one at the border just east of I-29...drive toward the convenience store which is part of the Dakota Sioux gambling facility. When you come to the convenience store turnoff from the county highway (east-west that intersects I-29), you'll see the marker on the south side of the county road. It's not standing real straight.

It is about a mile west of the one you mentioned. I went looking for a straight one to photograph. This is the second one you come to. There is a field approach close by, so I could park off the road to take a picture. The west side of it says 15 M and there are 5 hash marks on it.
      I would think there would be more along that highway if it continues to hug the border.
      An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
      US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

How cool would it be to be able to buy a replica of the trophy? I always wanted a replica of Floyd of Rosedale too.
        Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
        -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Working...
        X