• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Stu-pidest" Article

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.../1135/SPORTS05

Wow. I apologize for posting this.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: The "Stu-pidest" Article

Time to revive the "Stu Strikes Again!" smack thread!

Comment

I am enjoyed April, June, and November.

Really made me laugh.

Thought October was a cheap shot and I was just happy with the 3-0 in September.

Comment

I didn't find it at all too bad other than the fact that Stu writes these to get the reactions that he has. I actually thought this one was pretty good considering many of the items for the year could reasonably happen (except for October, although if he would have put it into Nov or Dec and said he was transferring to SDSU then I would have felt it highly likely.)
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

At least he threw the scheduling Viborg comment in about the U. I got a good laugh out of that one.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
            I didn't find it at all too bad other than the fact that Stu writes these to get the reactions that he has. I actually thought this one was pretty good considering many of the items for the year could reasonably happen (except for October, although if he would have put it into Nov or Dec and said he was transferring to SDSU then I would have felt it highly likely.)
            Writing satire is tough. Ask Randall Beck about the fine line that has to be walked. I thought Stu did alright with this one.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I thought it was funny. You have to like the USD vs. Viborg prediction.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I am actually going to give Stu credit for this ususally he says stuff like this and is serious this I hope was all in fun....

Comment

September

After pulling off a stunning upset of Iowa State at Jack Trice Stadium in Ames, South Dakota State's football team actually starts 3-0 for a change, rather than 0-3.

The Jackrabbits travel to Northern Iowa looking for a fourth consecutive win, and quarterback Ryan Berry hits JaRon Harris for a 74-yard scoring strike and 24-20 lead in the fourth quarter.
                  Minutes later, as SDSU tries to run out the clock, Northern Iowa linebacker and former O'Gorman standout Josh Mahoney strips the ball away and rambles 42 yards to give the Panthers the win.

"It felt like I was playing Roosevelt again," a beaming Mahoney says as the UNI-Dome crowd goes wild.
                  He's got us losing to Northern Iowa!! I don't find that funny at all.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Can't remember their schedule for sure, but aren't several of usd2 wins this year against Viborg.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                      Can't remember their schedule for sure, but aren't several of usd2 wins this year against Viborg.
                      I suppose if you're referring to Northern Michigan...

Comment

I've always had trouble figuring out when Stu is writing seriously and when he is writing satire. I think that this might contain some of each . . . maybe?
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post

I think this is a whale of an article and just goes to support JimmyJacks claim that Stu is a great journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                            I suppose if you're referring to Northern Michigan...
                            or perhaps Midland Lutheran.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              I think this is a whale of an article and just goes to support JimmyJacks claim that Stu is a great journalist.
                              Please don't drag me into your childish feud with Stu. I expressed my opinion, and I'm entitled to it (I also have some credentials and experience to back it up). You have expressed yours as well, and you're entitled to that.

But you're mocking me here, and I don't appreciate it. There's no reason to make disagreements on a discussion board personal, but that's what you always end up doing, Nidaros.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X