Jim Ebke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Ebke

According to Rivals he is leaving SDSU and walking on at Nebraska. Just curious as to what kind of player he was for you guys. I'm not hear to flame.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Jim Ebke

He's still on SDSU's roster according to gojacks.com, so until that changes...no comment other than that he redshirted, which means he's never played a second of D-1 football, so nobody knows how good he is.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha Husker View Post
      According to Rivals he is leaving SDSU and walking on at Nebraska. Just curious as to what kind of player he was for you guys. I'm not hear to flame.

Thanks in advance.
      From what I remember about him coming out of HS....was a QB and LB and Nebraska HS player of the year his senior year, played for Lincoln East. Wanted to play for the huskers but no schollie was offered. Listed as LB for SDSU, very good athlete and very smart. I hope he stays at SDSU, sounds like he could be very good for us. Not sure how that relates to Huskers talent though.

Comment

Well I look like an idiot, I didn't realize he redshirted.

As far as the Roster listing him, Rivals.com is reporting it with quotes from Jim. He asked for and got his release from SDSU and then called Tom Osborne and Shawn Watson and he's walking on.

Comment

Originally posted by Omaha Husker View Post
          Well I look like an idiot, I didn't realize he redshirted.

As far as the Roster listing him, Rivals.com is reporting it with quotes from Jim. He asked for and got his release from SDSU and then called Tom Osborne and Shawn Watson and he's walking on.

I guess I'll leave it up to the Mods. to give the go-ahead as far as talking about him. Thanks for the info OmahaHusker, we're all looking forward to coming to Lincoln in 2010! Maybe Ebke will be on the field...just wearing red and white instead. I guess we'll see.

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Link (unsubscribed version):

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/ba...&tid=&mid=&rid=

Sounds like a kid that has always dreamed of playing for the Big Red. Considering his situation, grew up in Lincoln, Osbourne comes back (as AD), they're bringing back the walk-on program, I can't say that I would blame him. Of course he would have a stronger impact role more so here than there, but thats his choice. Seeing his HS stats and UNL's new desire for running quarterbacks, he looks like he fits the bill.

http://huskerlandpreps.rivals.com/vi...=49441&sport=1

Comment

Well, it appears to be appropriately sourced.

Play on.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I understand why he left because before Callahan was there if you were a good enough high school player you went to Nebraska if you had a scholarship or not..... If he really wants to go to Nebraska I'm glad he is going but I think he will regret it because walking on at a D-I school is tough and does he even know what position he is going to play there?

A quick question

Is Dirk Kool still on the team? I know he is listed on the roster and I haven't heard anything but he was listed on the state of Iowa's scout page and I didn't know if it was a mistake or if he is transfering.... (I assume it is a mistake but I thought I should ask)

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                  I understand why he left because before Callahan was there if you were a good enough high school player you went to Nebraska if you had a scholarship or not..... If he really wants to go to Nebraska I'm glad he is going but I think he will regret it because walking on at a D-I school is tough and does he even know what position he is going to play there?

A quick question

Is Dirk Kool still on the team? I know he is listed on the roster and I haven't heard anything but he was listed on the state of Iowa's scout page and I didn't know if it was a mistake or if he is transfering.... (I assume it is a mistake but I thought I should ask)

Since when isn't SDSU D-1? Get it right or slow down when you type!

Comment

I guess I was correct when I posted this info last week.

Comment

Originally posted by rcjacks View Post
                      I guess I was correct when I posted this info last week.
                      No source was cited for the claim until yesterday when Rivals.com was announced as the source.

Comment

I did cite Huskerspedia.com. I didn't, however, mean to ruffle feathers. When I posted the Jill Young transferring to State post this summer I didn't include a link and it didn't get deleted. I like this board, read the rules on the Ebke post and will play by this board's rules.

Comment

rcjacks: we appreciate your input on the board (and feathers weren't ruffled). It was decided some time ago that another message board was not a sufficient source on rumors about current athletes leaving. Your post on Jill Young transferring TO SDSU was fine. A rumor about an athlete transferring to become a Jackrabbit, as opposed to a current Jackrabbit rumored to be leaving, does not require attribution.

Sounds like what you caught on the Husker message board may well be true and we may be losing a good one. But, athletes will come and go. Nebraska has certainly had its share of defections.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                            Since when isn't SDSU D-1? Get it right or slow down when you type!
                            Did I say anything about SDSU not being D-I? I just said its tough to walk on at a D-I school espesually if you he doesn't really know what position he is going to be playing.... He was recruited as a LB, was gatorade player of the year as a QB but there was talk of moving him to a strong safety.

Comment

I regret that Jim Ebke is leaving SDSU, but it does tell you something about what the direction of UNL will be taking in the near future. Resumption of the walk on program for one thing, which I regret as it's been easier for SDSU to recruit in Nebraska because of it disappearing under Callahan. It will be interesting to see how we do in Nebraska this year in recruiting.

Comment

Working...
                              X